Whitetail Addictions Star Convicted

The latest news from Deer & Deer Hunting magazine!
Woods Walker

RE: Whitetail Addictions Star Convicted

Postby Woods Walker » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:37 pm

ORIGINAL: Drhunter2k

ORIGINAL: Woods Walker

If you can't hunt deer without a corn pile then you're not much of a hunter.

I assume you think of yourself as an elitest hunter? Just because I may hunt over a pile of corn does not mean that I am any LESS of a hunter than you are. Do you hunt food plots? Do you use doe estrus scent to bring in bucks during the rut? Do you use calls to try to lure in a buck? You elitests crack me up. I assume you make your own bow and arrows out of natural products? With your elitest mindset, I must not be much of a hunter if I use a compound bow with expanding broadheads or any other modern products. You guys need to get over yourselves. Who are you to tell someone they are not much of a hunter because they do something you don't. If it's legal, go for it. Get a grip. 

AH HA! Now the name calling starts. I guess that's all you've got, huh? You know what. I don't give a rat's ass what you want to call me. Why don't YOU get over your insecurity and paranoia. Hunt the legal way you like, and if someone else doesn't like it, then that's too bad. I have my opinion on what I like and what I think of certain methods, and if you don't agree with them then that's too bad. But that doesn't mean I will agree with you.

Why must everyone always approve of what you choose to do? If it's legal, then JUST DO IT. If some of us don't care for it, then that's too bad. This is a discussion forum. Different ideas and opinions. Deal with it.

And YES, if the ONLY way you can successfully hunt is over a corn pile or behind a cage at semi-tame livestock then IMO you are NOT that skilled a hunter. Truth hurts, doesn't it?
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

El Conquistador

Postby El Conquistador » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:47 pm

Andrae D'Acquisto, a self-admitted whitetail addict, is best known for killing trophy deer on his commercial DVD's as well as on the television program "Whitetail Addictions" produced by Lone Wolf Productions.

Ashley D'Acquisto, 24, of St. Francis, Wisconsin also pled guilty to hunting deer without a valid Illinois habitat stamp and was fined a total of $205.00. All remaining charges were dismissed in accordance with the plea agreement.

In September 2010, two Tennessee hunters associated with Andrae D'Acquisto pled guilty to making salt or mineral available for deer on the Menard County property in 2009. Danny L. Gibson, 47, of Anderson, TN and Dewayne H. Gibson, 41, of Caryville, TN were each fined $205.00 for the baiting violations. The remaining charges were dismissed.

In 2005, Andrae D'Acquisto was cited for fraudulently obtaining Illinois resident hunting licenses, resident deer permits and providing false information to obtain an Illinois driver's license in Cass County. D'Acquisto ultimately pled guilty to an amended charge of obstructing a peace officer and was fined a total of $2,000 in Cass County.

http://outdoornews.com:80/illinois/news/article_0d4c6af2-1773-11e0-b1dc-001cc4c03286.html

Just a couple quick questions...  I don't watch the show so I don't know who is who.

1. Is the article about Andrae D'Acquisto or Ashley D'Acquisto?
2. Are they both on this show?
3. Why is it news that two people from Tennessee got busted baiting that are "associated" with one or both of the D'Acquistos?
4. Did Andrae D'Acquisto get busted for anything other than in 2005?

Drhunter2k

Postby Drhunter2k » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:37 pm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Drhunter2k

quote:

If you can't hunt deer without a corn pile then you're not much of a hunter.

I assume you think of yourself as an elitest hunter? Just because I may hunt over a pile of corn does not mean that I am any LESS of a hunter than you are. Do you hunt food plots? Do you use doe estrus scent to bring in bucks during the rut? Do you use calls to try to lure in a buck? You elitests crack me up. I assume you make your own bow and arrows out of natural products? With your elitest mindset, I must not be much of a hunter if I use a compound bow with expanding broadheads or any other modern products. You guys need to get over yourselves. Who are you to tell someone they are not much of a hunter because they do something you don't. If it's legal, go for it. Get a grip.

AH HA! Now the name calling starts. I guess that's all you've got, huh? You know what. I don't give a rat's ass what you want to call me. Why don't YOU get over your insecurity and paranoia. Hunt the legal way you like, and if someone else doesn't like it, then that's too bad. I have my opinion on what I like and what I think of certain methods, and if you don't agree with them then that's too bad. But that doesn't mean I will agree with you.

Why must everyone always approve of what you choose to do? If it's legal, then JUST DO IT. If some of us don't care for it, then that's too bad. This is a discussion forum. Different ideas and opinions. Deal with it.

And YES, if the ONLY way you can successfully hunt is over a corn pile or behind a cage at semi-tame livestock then IMO you are NOT that skilled a hunter. Truth hurts, doesn't it?

Come on now. Who was calling anyone any names here? I only asked a few questions and you took those questions out of context. I, along with you, don't give a rat's ass what you or anyone else thinks of me or the way I hunt. I just noticed your elitest attitude so I had to ask if you are one of those elitists.

No one has to approve of anything you or I do, as long as it's legal. Here's one for ya. I don't necessarily like the idea of a bear hunter using dogs to chase bear, but I wouldn't say a hunter using dogs is any less of a hunter than I am because I don't use them. It sounds to me like baiting is a pretty touchy subject for you. Maybe you've have had bad experiences with it. I don't know. I do know that I have hunted with and without bait for many many years with good and bad results with both. I guess that makes me a semi-skilled hunter??? LOL and by the way, placing bait out for deer does not in any way make them semi-tame. Maybe down there in Illinois that's how it is but up here in Wisconsin, bait does not mean tame. Deal with it!!

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:36 pm

Like you say, hunt the legal way you choose.

And one more time, what I said....AND stand by....is that if the ONLY way (note the word "ONLY") you can kill deer is over a bait pile, then you are lacking in hunting skills. If you can kill deer other ways and PREFER a bait pile, then God Bless you.

That said, the only issue I have with bait piles is that in many areas when a lot of people do it, then you have no choice but to bait yourself if you expect to have game to shoot at. I've seen this happen in other places, and is why if it were proposed here in Illinois I'd fight it. If it's already legal in an area then that's fine.

Bottom line, hunt any legal way you like, and as long as it doesn't have a negative impact on my hunting then we'll have no problems.

If that makes me an elitist, then I guess I wear that badge with pride.
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

tonyotony

Postby tonyotony » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:51 am

What these news releases show, if nothing else, is that D'Acuisto and his people have to CHEAT to assure their own results. Like many things on TV, it's contrived, setup, and not 100% real, natural, or legitimate. Also, to demonstrate how much of a cheater this guy is, he tried to illegally obtain a resident hunting license. In other words, he tried to save a few hundred dollars(at the most), even though his TV sponsors are sending him thousands of dollars (and free gear) to go on, produce, and televise these hunts. So that's why I'm finding real hunting so much more challenging than what I see on TV! Maybe they shouldn't be called hunting shows; how about: "How we shoot deer outdoors"?

metrx

Postby metrx » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:06 am

The law is the law whether it be in a particular country, state, municipality, etc. No one says you have to agree with it, just abide by it or pay the consequence. If you dont like it (in this case) dont hunt there. Here in NY baiting is illegal, so you have to hunt without baiting...do guys still bait?, of course, but dont cry when you get caught...just go hunt where it is legal.

Smoking tobacco is legal...smoking marihuana is not. Plenty think it should be legaliized. But at the current moment it is not so until it is leaglized, people roll the dice on using it and getting caught. Its no excuse. Dont blame the system, do something about it.

I dont think we shouldnt bash each other on here because people havs a difference of opinion...IMO.

hus

Postby hus » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:41 pm

Agreed, they broke the law and got caught...deal with it. Major issue to society? Not really. It's illegal to hunt over bait in Alabama as well. The problem is like what was stated above; if you have Hunting Club A that is surrounded by B, C and D and B,C and D are all hunting over corn then it is extremely hard to lure deer to Club A when none of the hunters there are baiting, no matter how skilled you are. The only way I have seen success in doing that is to setup stands on the edges of the hunting club (Club A here) and try and catch the deer as they are moving between corn piles on the other clubs properties. I have my issues with "no baiting" laws but it is still the law here. I would much rather see good quality management of bucks in Alabama than to constantly fight over baiting laws. Management here has been rather poor over the past couple of decades which has led to about 20:1 doe to buck ratio....now that's a real hunting problem.

IsitInTREES

Postby IsitInTREES » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:33 pm

I wouldn't get too crazy about this issue.
Most of the pro's spread a little corn or mineral to stop the animals.

I am not associated with any show, but I know some that are.
It's pretty common place where it's legal.  Not sure about when it's not.
Don't focus on the destination, Enjoy the Journey

Bob Olsen

Postby Bob Olsen » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:47 am

I too believe hunting over a bait pile is weak. Why not plant some fruit trees and do some leg work and figure out where the Deer are coming from and set up on them. And your diatribe about making your own bow and arrows and using scents makes me shake my head. I think you may not have the time to work on your hunting site or maybe you are lazy.
  My prediction is Hank Parker and/or his boys will get busted next. I saw them on T.V. and sonny boy was not wearing a seat belt. I hope they keep their bait out of Illinois, our C.P.O. Steve Drone will surely wipe that smile off his face.

Previous

Return to Breaking News