Back from the Taxidermist

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
shaman

Back from the Taxidermist

Postby shaman » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:46 am

I just got this old boy back from the taxi-man and hung up on the wall. 

Don't worry '480, I only had to shoot him once.[:D]

Here's the rest of the story.

The Savage Spoke Again. . .

As an epilog to that story, there is mention of "The Chandelier Buck" that was seen by everyone but me.  On the last morning of gun season, I was seriously  not-hunting  at the Thoughtful Spot at sunrise. Yonder came this huge buck out of the nearby creek bottom (right center in the panorama photo), chasing a doe.  The doe led him up to the barn (left center in the photo) and off into the woods on the other side. That buck made the one in the picture look tiny. Of course I just had a doe tag left, but it was still awesome to watch through the binos.
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer

hunter480

RE: Back from the Taxidermist

Postby hunter480 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:00 am

Just reinforces the Scripture that says that God lets the rain fall on the just AND the unjust.........

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:03 am

Looks like he's alive and peeking through your wall!

Nice job.
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

OHhunter

Postby OHhunter » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:06 pm

Nice looking mount. Like the pose too.

vambo991

Postby vambo991 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:03 pm

Yeah, the pose is cool. That's handsome, Shazam.

shaman

Postby shaman » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:10 am

Thanks guys.  I think the form is a "Full Sneak"  What I did is tell my taxi exactly how he was when punched his ticket, and he caught it just right.

That deer came from 200 yards off, walking stiff-legged  in the most menacing manner I have ever seen.  It was the only time I was glad I was armed and up a tree.  He was looking for the source of three little poots I'd blown on my grunt call.  He was crazy mad and looking to kick some serious butt.

Damian told me that he has sold a bunch of mounts on that form since I came to him with the head and the idea.  Mean is now in fashion in our county.

It just so happens that he was turned that way when I shot him. The pose ended up looking especially mean from my chair and from the entrance to the room.  Make sure you figure the setting in when you discuss things with the taxidermist. 

howhill1

Postby howhill1 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:15 pm

love the sneak pose's had my last one done that way. awesome buck!
"please join the N.R.A. as well as your state rifle association! these are critical times for ALL gun owners. Be informed, be active and stay vigilant"

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:11 pm

great trophy.looks awesome
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

hunter480

Postby hunter480 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:14 pm

around....
ORIGINAL: howhill1

love the sneak pose's had my last one done that way. awesome buck!

Awwwwwww-we thought shaman had invented that pose..................

shaman

Postby shaman » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:54 pm

ORIGINAL: hunter480

Awwwwwww-we thought shaman had invented that pose..................

It just keeps on going and going and going. . .

Look,  if there is something that really bothers you, why not stick it in a PM, and we can hash it out without it being a public spectacle.    If it really
bothers you, complain to the Forum moderators.

As it is, I am truly sorry that I made the jab about it only taking one shot.  This seems to have  got you worked up again.  I apologize for doing it.  I also apologize for wording the previous post as I did.  I don't get around taxidermists much, and my taxidermist has only been doing this for about 6 years.  Between us, trying an ultra aggressive pose on a sneak form was something new for him, and it was certainly new for me. 

Just please don't feel like you have to run around behind me and carp.  I enjoy deer hunting.  I do not claim to be an expert, but I do claim a love for the sport.  It is not like we're even hunting on the same ridge, or out of the same camp, so I don't know why you're making this such a focused thing.

Please check out my other stuff at Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries , and  my website at Blackholecoffeehouse.com ,  and really give me a try before going farther.  I'm certain that you'll find me not all that far from you in a lot of things.  Perhaps if we can discover some common ground this all can end.

Next

Return to General Discussions