Would you shoot more does if...

4khorn

Would you shoot more does if...

Postby 4khorn » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:12 am

Would you shoot more does if the state were to offer doe only tags for bowhunting?  I have always just bought one set of tags, then tried to get a doe and a buck.  If they offered solo doe tags I would probably get one and try to get an extra doe too.  I was just curious whether anyone else would do this too.
My pursuit of a buck of a lifetime is much like the Chicago Cubs pursuit of a World Series...the season ends with a "wait til next year"

Luke

bobow

RE: Would you shoot more does if...

Postby bobow » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:55 am

If you look in the regulations there is a separate cost for doe only tags.  Maybe the vendors don't know it but they are listed as a separate purchase.

From page 7:

Resident Archery Deer Permits
(Combination either sex & antlerless-only) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .$26.00
Resident Archery Deer Permit - antlerless-only . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .$15.50
Thomas Jefferson, 1774 July. "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time."

Life Member: NRA, ISRA; Member CCRA

4khorn

Postby 4khorn » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:25 pm

Thanks bobow!  Boy do I feel dumb...  Picked up an extra doe tag yesterday. :)  I wonder how many others do not know that they are offered...
My pursuit of a buck of a lifetime is much like the Chicago Cubs pursuit of a World Series...the season ends with a "wait til next year"

Luke

Deebz

Postby Deebz » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:37 pm

I wish you could get an either sex tag by itself...  Last season I got a decent buck early, then had to by another combo so I could still shoot a buck with my bow.  ended up eating 3 tags, 1 either sex and 2 antlerless only

kribbz

Postby kribbz » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:04 pm

I get extra tags every year. I ended up shooting 4 does this year with my bow. Best part about doe tags are that they are inexpensive and the meat tastes just as good as any.

bassslayer

Postby bassslayer » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:32 am

Depending on the buck:doe ratio I would!

frank8871

Re: Would you shoot more does if...

Postby frank8871 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:02 pm

correct me if i'm wrong but isn't the antlerless only tag only available through DNR and not over counter(archery)

jonny5buck

Re: RE: Would you shoot more does if...

Postby jonny5buck » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:25 pm

Deebz wrote:I wish you could get an either sex tag by itself...  Last season I got a decent buck early, then had to by another combo so I could still shoot a buck with my bow.  ended up eating 3 tags, 1 either sex and 2 antlerless only

Aint that the truth...the only logic behind it can meen more money in their pocket...i have also wondered the same thing...why cant we buy a tag thats your 2 buck allowance in illinois?...or an individual buck tag??.....This happens to most of us every yr Deebz....the money adds up quick...whats the logic behind it????

bobow

Re: RE: Would you shoot more does if...

Postby bobow » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:48 pm

[/quote]Aint that the truth...the only logic behind it can meen more money in their pocket...i have also wondered the same thing...why cant we buy a tag thats your 2 buck allowance in illinois?...or an individual buck tag??.....This happens to most of us every yr Deebz....the money adds up quick...whats the logic behind it????[/quote]

Since I live in this sorry state I understand there is no logic behind this but maybe nobody has brought up the idea that selling two "either sex" permits might be an option.

I know that IL has no common sense but maybe it is something that has not been brought up?
Thomas Jefferson, 1774 July. "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time."

bobow

Re: Would you shoot more does if...

Postby bobow » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:05 pm

frank8871 wrote:correct me if i'm wrong but isn't the antlerless only tag only available through DNR and not over counter(archery)

For firearms it would only be available through the DNR if it is available. Archery has the option of antlerless only OTC.

Next

Return to Illinois