Game Camera question

trapperDave

RE: Game Camera question

Postby trapperDave » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:55 am

could also be birds and squirrels setting it off, dashing in and out of frame.
"Democracy is a lamb and two wolves voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Ben Franklin

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:19 am

yeah it can be a lot of things like everyone says... im thinking it could be the wind moving the weeds... or the camera is to far back from the trail or whatever and ur getting pics of something but cant see it though the weeds. ive had that happen before too.
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

ukbballfan

Postby ukbballfan » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:41 am

The Cuddeback does the same and I think all infrared cameras have that problem right at dusk or dawn.

Konk

Postby Konk » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:28 am

I have a Moultrie GS 100 that is about 4 years old and works great......providing I place it pointing down a game trail. This camera takes a while to "wake up" so if you place it at 90 deg to a trail you will get mostly blank pictures unless there are several deer in a row. The new Moultrie I-40 and I-60 are getting great reviews and don't cost an arm and leg.

I also have a Cuddy No Flash and have a some issues with the camera taking black and white pictures later in the evening when it should still be taking color pictures, but not very often. The programing is kind of a pain in the butt, other than that I like this camera.

Member;
Wisconsin Bowhunters Association
Sticks N' Limbs Camo Prostaff
Carson-Optics Prostaff
www.bowhuntingstore.com

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:12 pm

I have a Moultrie D-40 (I believe, could be an I-40) and was wondering if anyone has used rechargeable batteries with their cameras?  I started out using regular D batteries when I first put my camera out, but didn't want to buy new batteries every three months so I thought I'd buy some rechargeable ones.  Now I'm finding they hardly last a week.....Sometimes more sometimes less.  Just wondering if anyone else has ever had or heard of these issues with rechargeables?

Previous

Return to Scouting Cameras