makes me sick

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
howhill1

RE: makes me sick

Postby howhill1 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:12 am

our governer is dismantling our dnr as well. 250,000 gun tags sold every year just gun tags! at 15.00 each thats 3,750,000. not including non res., arch tags ,lic, etc. etc. but the dept. going broke? instead of bioligists its bieng ran by liberal dems from chicago.
"please join the N.R.A. as well as your state rifle association! these are critical times for ALL gun owners. Be informed, be active and stay vigilant"

trapperDave

Postby trapperDave » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:47 am

If you know of someone poaching, or bragging about poaching...TURN THEM IN!!! If you dont turn them in....then YOU are NO BETTER than the poachers IMO.
"Democracy is a lamb and two wolves voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Ben Franklin

mag30079

Postby mag30079 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:55 am

Deercamp

I agree Granholm keeps "cutting back" on DNR but still is trying or is going to to raise our lic fees. Plus the bleeding heart hippys keep buying up acrage and god forbid you ask to track a deer on there property. Can't fight everone, where is Teddy Roosevelt when we need him...lol
Wish someone like him would get in to government

howhill1

Postby howhill1 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:13 pm

had a buddy who lost a deer to a nieghbors property, the ladie told him no way he could track it, that he shouldnt killing such beautifull creatures, after explain that the deer was going to die and go to waste and that he would now have to kill another on she conceded to let him pursue it. might try thaty reasoning on the tree huggers.
"please join the N.R.A. as well as your state rifle association! these are critical times for ALL gun owners. Be informed, be active and stay vigilant"

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:09 pm

i spoke with a DEC officer about the deer crossing property lines thing.If you ask and the landowner refuse you can call the DEC.while they cant force the landowner to allow it the are very successful in persuading them to allow it .so keep those #'s handy.there good for getting your deer and turning in poachers.you can always report someone without  giving your name you just need to give info on the criminal
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

howhill1

Postby howhill1 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:53 am

i try to keep up with which officer has our area and to introduce myself to the new ones so when and if i have to call they know who and where i am.

JOEL

Postby JOEL » Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:55 am

ORIGINAL: howhill1

i try to keep up with which officer has our area and to introduce myself to the new ones so when and if i have to call they know who and where i am.
  smart man,they know me too(for good reasons not bad)
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

RNC

Postby RNC » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:33 am

Most of the folks in the area we hunt are by the rules kind of hunters. But like everything else one or two folks can screw up the entire thing for us all. Several years ago we ran into a guy who was doing his best to do just that. It statred when my dad can gone to a ridge along a clear cut that we had hunted for years. After barely getting set he sees a guy walking over. The guy gets within 50 yards and starts yelling and swearing on how dad was cutting him off. It seems that this guy came in from another walking trail and was planning to hunt a spot 150 yards to the south of where dad was set. This guy was still carrying his stand on his back. So we were on public land and had arrived before this guy and he looses it. We decided it was easier to pack up and move then deal with this. We told the guy we would stay south of the area on the other side of a big swamp. We hunted the new location for seveal days, saw a number of deer including several good bucks. The next thing we know we walk in for an evening hunt and find a fawn field dressed hanging in a tree and not tagged. So we moved south again and that night after the hunt at the parking area the guy we had the problem with at the clear cut comes dragging the fawn with no tag on it. We turned this information over to the local DNR warden. This same guy eventually moved in on a friend of ours who was hunting on adjacent private property. Again the DNR was contacted and no one has seen this trouble maker again. 

kellory

Re: RE: makes me sick

Postby kellory » Sat May 11, 2013 10:46 am

Woods Walker wrote:It's usually this same moron posse that steals treestands, blinds, and anything else that isn't nailed down.

Why not? Theft, is theft when you're a thief. 

Many years ago, I had some clown steal a hang-on stand that I had put in a tree on our lease. This lazy b*****d actually went through the effort, and trouble of HAULING HEAVY SLAB LUMBER A HALF A MILE THROUGH THE TIMBER IN THE ILLINOIS RIVER BLUFF COUNTRY, so that he could BUILD a ladder in order to steal my stand!!! He left the ladder there!  He could have gotten a job at Mickey D's and EARNED the $$ to buy one with a whole lot less effort.

I would love to see a micro-chip tracking device that could be put on treestands and the like, so that you could call the law and have them go with you to the thief's house just to see the expression on their face, and the alibi they'd try to come up with........

"Why....I have no IDEA how that got here!"

Oh, Woodsie, you got your wish.....(if they make their kickstart funding goal) http://www.gizmag.com/bikespike-gps-bic ... eft/26691/ :D
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Previous

Return to General Discussions