Moultrie Game Spy D-50 IR

easports

RE: Moultrie Game Spy D-50 IR

Postby easports » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:52 pm

Great pictures. I'll tell you what....the second picture..first deer..I would shoot that with my bow. That's a big deer. Love pictures...its like going to the store and getting a surprise gift. Hope you and the family had a great holiday. Take care.

Patriot

Postby Patriot » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:18 pm

I plan to put mine out the next time I'm at my in-laws farm.  Never used a trail cam, so I'm like a kid in a candy store!!
Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:43 pm

Tip..learned the hard way...dummy....I can read the SD card on my good Cannon camera...and down load pics from it to computer...so it was snowing and [8|] I thought well I take Cannon SD card and put it in Moultrie ...then return it the next day...Well I had all my summer fall and holiday pics on the card...never got around to the zip drive....and I NEVER will...for totally blank...yep it wiped the card clean and never kept any pics that it shot that night[:@]...But the card still works ...in my camera and the moultrie card still works as well...here's what I got when I checked.....

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:39 am

I've found a couple of things ...not too much of a "biggy" for me ...but the IR pics...well they better be standing still because any movement causes a blurr...and if they are too close day or night a blurr...but I set the camera up on a field where they cross through and stop for the turnips/Sucraseed/and rye...here are examples of what I mean and a favorite I call..."Afternoon inspection"

Wanderer

Postby Wanderer » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:16 pm

msbadger,
If you could line em up like that during season, you could tag out with one shot. Looks like "Pass In Review".
Cool pictures

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:10 am

Really![:D]....I think they are rival "gangs " out there....they do this a lot...it's funny....as in the second pic of my first post[;)]

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:37 am

I believe a pic is worth a thousand words...so I'll conclude my posting on the D55IR with this low temp test mother nature threw at it...the only thing not tested is rain...not sure how seal will hold up but winter pics are good for me so far...over 500 pic and the battery is still 85% after -4 temps.....I moved the angle of camera and what they are digging up now is the HSG Sucraseed mix

easports

Postby easports » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:35 am

msbadger

Have you thought about purchasing one of those Plotwatchers for the bigger fields? I know one of the down sides is no night pics.

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:06 pm

funny you should ask...looking into those just yesterday...I have an area that I know I'm getting trespassers on.......I really want to plant it but haven't had the time to get fencing up...digging the post holes....I won't improve the area until I have some solution to these guys being a problem...this winter I'm building another enclosed stand with tinted windows...After putting up last years the guys that I caught sneaking around on the property in the dark...well they moved their stand...it was nearly 300yrds from my blind[8|]...but see they are after season ...dang near total dark shooters...ya know when the big boys travel...Meez think I cramped their style[;)]...lol

Rutnut

Postby Rutnut » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:44 pm

geezz msbadger, I don't get how someone has the balls to trespass and hunt on someone’s land. How would someone get enjoyment of worrying about getting caught? Although, maybe that's the difference. Someone like me would be paranoid about it, but the people who do it are such scum, they really don't care. I hunt for the enjoyment...these criminals need a beat down. (i don't approve of violence but I can look the other way)

Anyway, I saw the D-50 IR at Cabelas in the bargain cave for $50 (my local store). They had a red tag on them which means another 15% off. I was curious if they are that bad that they mark them so low. I'll take a chance and buy one.

PreviousNext

Return to Scouting Cameras