Mock Scrapes

Tracks, Rubs, Scrapes, Trails, Etc.
met

RE: Mock Scrapes

Postby met » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:54 pm

gunther89. leave no humen sent behind. no pee en. deer pee only.

jonny5buck

Postby jonny5buck » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:11 pm

I made a mock scrape this year ,in sept.[october first is first day in illinois] i hung a drip bag when it was raining ,rubber gloves ,a stick to paw the ground,and put about 1 ounce of dominant buck urine in it. I couldn't believe the action on the trail cam.3 different bucks one nice ten point looks like he visited at 10 at night.My trail cam is an older model and the time stamp didnt come out.[a vital piece of info!] I also prefer to make a big scrape,and to make it like the bucks do.I kick the dirt back with a stick a little to the right and then a little to the left[like a buck would ] not sure if it matters compared to making a circle,but 3 bucks checked it out . To bad by the time i checked the trail cam it was pushing late oct -nov 1st!---p.s almost forgot .....i really think hanging the bag about chin high dripping in the mock scrape and the licking branch i made was it- good luck

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:12 pm

ORIGINAL: met

gunther89. leave no humen sent behind. no pee en. deer pee only.

I've had the exact OPPOSITE results. I rarely had any activity on my scrapes until I started to pee in them myself. Night and day difference.
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

Nubs

Postby Nubs » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:40 pm

I have never actually made my own scrape, but when I am out scouting in the fall or heading to and from a deer stand, I will try to pee in already made scape's just to piss off the bucks in the area and keep them coming back to the scrape. Last year it worked really well! I peed in a really small fresh scape and within a matter of days the thing was huge and all tore up! So I kept on peeing in it every now and then and the bucks kept on coming back and digging it out!

Previous

Return to All About Deer Sign