Moultrie Game Spy D-50 IR

msbadger

RE: Moultrie Game Spy D-50 IR

Postby msbadger » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:34 pm

Rutnut...some times I think it's just the luck of the draw when buying any of these cameras...perhaps unless your paying hundreds for them...and honestly don't need the crispest pic just one to let me know if they are buck or doe and if they still look healthy and won't break the bank on batteries......as far as catching the trespassers well the ones around here are a tad smarter that some I've seen  in one line pics..really trespassing ..gun in hand all camo save an Orange hat?...here they sneak in under dark wear all camo and face masks....in the past if they couldn't steal it they just shot it....things are better with the IR's but there is still one guy that wears IR goggles...lol seriously get a life...they are the ones that moved the stand...they can't see in the limousine tinted windows I put on the blind...so can't tell if I'm there or not...that's why I'm building at least 2 more..besides ..I'm tired of being cold and wet while hunting[;)] getting old....add wind to our cold temps and it's like someone peeling your skin off with a razor blade[&o][;)]

GTOHunter

Postby GTOHunter » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:53 pm

I have the Moultrie I-60 trail camera and it worked so well I bought another one...then this year I also bought the D-55IR like You have MSBadger.Its a great little camera that takes some really nice night time pictures and the IR flash carries out pretty far and the battery life is very good!

I have the newer I-35 Moultrie and the night time pictures aren't very good at all,only reason I bought it is because it is the cheapest Moultrie camera that will except the Moultrie Spyware connector so it can send a picture to the Moultrie Game Management Web Site and/or Your cell phone and You can purchase the more affordable plan that goes for around 3-4 months during the most important times of the Hunting Seasons and if someone is trespassing You can possibly catch them in the act and have them arrested? [&:] [;)]

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:08 pm

Yep GTOH...I think Mr. B is planning on another surprise for my birthday or mothers day[;)]...Well....until he saw what we caught his little "angel" doing...when I let her come with me to clean the goat barn....Now I'll have to see[;)]...lol

Rutnut

Postby Rutnut » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:31 am

I ended up buying the Moultrie I50 at cabelas. I was mistaken, the regular 5.0 was $50, the "ir" was $80 in the bargain cave. I think it was a good deal. There seems to be a ton of Moultrie models not sure about all the differences, i just need a scouting tool.First nite out it captured some doe. Didn't realize it was set on a lower quality pic setting. i'll try again tonight with highest setting. So far, seems like a good camera for the price i paid. Works at minus 2 degress, that's a good sign.

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:28 am

Rut nut your deer are looking healthy this winter as well[:)]

Mr B. decided to get another D55IR for me...it arrives Friday the only issue...knock..knock is the temp not showing when it went down to -13....pics were still good...I moved it and see a trail I found is fairly active...All those sticks you see coming out of the snow...use to be 6-8 foot tall Elderberry brush...they have the area all dug up getting to the native grass that grows here as well....

Rutnut

Postby Rutnut » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:07 am

Yup, the local deer are looking plump. However, we've received 2 more feet of snow since this pic. Hope they make it! Camera is fine at minus 5. We had an Ice storm yesterday, and I can't open the camera for the card. I'll work at it this weekend, interested to see what's on there.

msbadger

Re: Moultrie Game Spy D-50 IR

Postby msbadger » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:25 am

I have an up date to the Moultrie D-50 IR....the first one I got for Christmas ...stopped taking night pics in March...I called them ...hold for 45 min ...then told it was...the batteries...the temps too cold...So I tried working with them and waited to temps went up and used batteries they suggested...still no night pics ...then...no pics...camera was stuck in waiting start mode...called again 1hour on hold...told that I could send to them but they may or may not repair or replace ??!!...HAD to have ORIGINAL receipt...it was a gift...

Mr B told me he got it at Bass Pro...I called them and WOW great customer service...I UPS'd it to them on the 31 and it was on back ordered...they shipped it out yesterday...a New one ( they have a 1 yr warranty) THANK YOU Bass Pro for standing behind the products you sell

SHAME on you MOULTRIE for lousy customer service....thankfully the others I bought are...Knock knock knock on wood are still working fine
Romans 14:10
Romans 14:13
James 4:11
Luke 6:37

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:28 pm

AAAUUUGGGHHH...got the new D-55...opened up the sealed package and lifted it out to hear..tink tink tink...there is a loose piece of something rattling around in it!!! :roll: ...I am NOT Paying for another shipping,,,got to call Bass Pro to see what they say
Romans 14:10
Romans 14:13
James 4:11
Luke 6:37

Dylan

Postby Dylan » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:55 am

You got a good deal. Was it new?

The I 45 is going for $120 here.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=808559

Sudzy8

Postby Sudzy8 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:59 pm

I bought the Moultrie Gamespy M-100 this year. After 10 days of having it out I went to change my SD card. The viewing screen went black and the camera froze up. I was told to send it back to Moultrie for repair. It has now been 4 weeks and I have not gotten it back!!! The pictures that it takes are absolutely awesome....but their service when something goes wrong is terrible.

Previous

Return to Scouting Cameras