Sunday Hunting ???

Jdbllung

RE: Sunday Hunting ???

Postby Jdbllung » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:46 pm

I am in total support of Sunday hunting. Work, kids activities, etc... make Sunday the only day available to alot of people. I dont care for the whole religous take on why we cant hunt on Sun., because were allowed to fish on Sun. As far as other people wanting to walk in the woods, or take their horses out, or have picnics, THEY DO IT ANYWAYS. I have personally watched power walkers walking paths through gamelands, on every other day, like clockwork 8 am, could set your watch by it. Did their license fee help pay for or maintain those gamelands? Didnt think so!
Happiness is a good blood trail! Jeremy W.

Highlander Archery

Postby Highlander Archery » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:55 pm

No government entity has the Constitutional nor the moral authority to dictate what I do with my free time no matter what day of the week it happens to be. If a landowner does not want me on his property on Sunday well... that is his land and his decision, a decision that I must abide by if I wish to continue the relationship we have fostered. To bring a "multiple use" argument into this is laughable, the other users know well when the season begins and ends and on game lands, which are bought with hunter dollars, not general fund dollars they can certainly get over losing a 12 weeks out of 52.

cmarberg18

Postby cmarberg18 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:04 pm

ORIGINAL: SlyAsADoe

I am against it.  Sunday is the only day that livestock (horse/mule) owners can safely take their horses out without fear of getting them shot out from under them.  You wouldn't want to be cooped up in a stall for 2 weeks would you?  Living next to SGL makes no difference, if hunters are going to wander from gamelands onto private land during the week, they'll do it on a Sunday too.

Really? How many times have you taken your horse out and have had dozens of arrows come at you like in the movie "300"? Im going out on a limb and say none. The vast majority of hunters, even in PA, are respectful of private land. The ones your referring to im sure are only out on the 1st day of rifle season, and then never to be seen again in the woods till the next opener. The Sunday ban is outdated and needs to be overturned! Just on the recruitment aspect of the subject, more time in the woods means more younger hunters can continue our great traditions.

bmstaaf

Postby bmstaaf » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:06 pm

I am all for it. Time is my problem, Sundays would also give me more time in the woods. I agree with the horse comment I have seen them while hunting, personaly archery as mentioned before we are not out there throwing arrows in every direction. Next, rifle season is two weeks long don't ride in areas where you feel in danger. (i saw a group of people riding horses this year in rifle on private property to boot)

Tim50

Postby Tim50 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:06 pm

I would support Sunday hunting in Pa!!

tonyotony

Postby tonyotony » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:15 pm

Orange vest and hat while horseback riding. Put an orange saddle or skirt on the horse. Don't let the livestock out right around sunrise and sunset. If you see or hear hunters on your property, call the cops.

Ole 20 Point

Postby Ole 20 Point » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:51 pm

In this day and age there is very little justification for excluding Sunday's for hunting in PA. Especially for private properties where the property owner permission would be required anyway.

whitetailtime

Postby whitetailtime » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:59 pm

Sure would like to see it happen in Virginia. When you only have one day to hunt, and that day turns out to be nasty. I have another day to get out.

danesdad

Postby danesdad » Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:37 am

ORIGINAL: AbsoluteArchery

I guess my question for everyone who has looked at this topic is How can we have almost 200 views BUT only have 17 votes come on guys seriously we can't make the PGC change unless we voice ourselves

Yet you, yourself, have only six posts.....
Hunting: 10% skill and 90% location.

G2

Postby G2 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:24 am

Yes to Sunday hunting

PreviousNext

Return to Pennsylvania