2011 Roll Call

soxfan

RE: 2011 Roll Call

Postby soxfan » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:33 am

DeanoZ, I will be headed out to Raminessin around 1 or 2 today. Tomorrow is a no go for me.

DeanoZ

Postby DeanoZ » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:51 am

Soxfan, unfortunately i can't today..just got back from a biz trip and my plate is full.  I know you said you had your son this weekend, but I was planning to go out Saturday afternoon if your available?  if not no worries, next week will be a better week so next Thursday or Friday will work too!  Good luck today!

soxfan

Postby soxfan » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:42 pm

Well the wind was perfect, had lots of tracks all around my stand But I wasnt able to get out earlier to refresh corn pile. I hadnt put corn out in almost two weeks and it showed. I only saw one doe, right at last light, and she was on opposite side of field. I didnt put out any today because I wont be able to get out till maybe Tuesday. Next thursday and Friday look good for me so hopefully we can finally meet. I will make at least one trip to put out some corn before we go. If I knew where you wanted to post up I would drop some for ya but I know that describing which tree you were going to get in is impossible. Oh well, hope to see ya next week.

DeanoZ

Postby DeanoZ » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:27 pm

Soxfan, thanks...we'll definitely shoot for next Thursday or Friday.  no worries about dropping corn...I'm not sure i could even explain where it is I hunt, lol...but if you know another spot in proximaty to yours and you want to both hunt together I'm good with that too.  We'll hash it out next week.

soxfan

Postby soxfan » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:10 pm

Well here we go again. Snow screwing up the hunting. I was lucky enough to get out yesterday and took another doe. Perfect day, wind right, not cold, and the deer were moving. I was in my stand for only an hour when she came to me. She got to my corn pile and stood perfectly broadside at 22 yrds. Double lung. The snow had been packed down so the drag wasnt too bad. I guess we will see how much snow we get before I even think about getting out.

DeanoZ

Postby DeanoZ » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:45 pm

Congrats again soxfan, your having a hell of a year...well last weekend I manged to get on the board myself!!  I hunted a buddy's backyard..he's got 10 acres and a feeder, so I took the opportunity to thin the heard and was successful.  Only problem was i thought she was doe, and when i recovered her, it was a button buck...no way of telling at 30 yards.  I'd like to get out again but it will have to be Saturday...let me know if your heading out over the weekend soxfan.

soxfan

Postby soxfan » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:34 am

Congrats DeanoZ. I know what you mean about telling if its a doe or not. If you dont have binoculars its almost impossible to tell, and even if you do have em, its hard as hell to tell. I was really looking forward to hunting tomorrow but this snow is killing that idea. Saturday is good for me. I will let you know when I will be there. I only hunt evenings there so I will probably get there around 1.

soxfan

Postby soxfan » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:39 am

DeanoZ, Rayningblood and I WILL be there tomorrow. Let me know today if you coming and I will get back to you as per what time we meet.

DeanoZ

Postby DeanoZ » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:05 pm

Guys I'm sorry won't be able to make it tomorrow.  I was all set to go and then the wife told me about our son's open house at preschool tomorrow...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.  I'm not given up though and going to hope we can do next Saturday if either one of you is available?  Sorry gents..good luck tomorrow and let me know how it goes.

soxfan

Postby soxfan » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:21 am

Well DeanoZ you missed a beatiful day in the woods. Had sun, then clouds, then light snow and finally heavy snow (although only for a little while). I had many different types of pretty birds visit me. I even had a Redtail hawk land in my corn pile, it was only there for a second but it was cool to see. I didnt see any deer. Rayningblood saw quite a few though. Nothing close but he did see em. I just talkedto my girlfriend, her birthday is Saturday, and she said I could take her out Friday, so I am good to go hunting Saturday. Let me know and we will do it up.

PreviousNext

Return to New Jersey