Bushnell Trophy Cam IR Reviews

shannon

RE: Bushnell Trophy Cam IR Reviews

Postby shannon » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:51 pm

i found out about some new software download for the 2010 cameras, think i will try this first. hopefully it will help some of the problems. if not i guess it will be off to bushnell .

kevjack6

Postby kevjack6 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:22 am

I now have well over 10,000 pictures and my battery indicator is still on full power; however, I've had a few issues since my last posts.

I know that I've been missing pictures...my Dad recently walked by my camera with his beagles and waved to be funny and there was nothing. Also, on several occasions I've seen deer walk right in front of it without taking a picture. Because of this, I switched the sensitivity from normal to high and it proceeded to take a picture EVERY 30 seconds.

This is my first IR camera so this may be normal, but it seems that the flash is more like the beam from a flashlight. If the deer isn't right in the center of it, you have a difficult time seeing what the animal is.

So far, I'm marginally pleased with this camera but I'm having a more difficult time recommending it.

wisbooner3932

Postby wisbooner3932 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:58 pm

I just got one for Christmas and after resolving a few issues it works fine now.  Right after I put the batteries in I popped my Kodak SD in and smoke started pouring out of the SD card slot so I was worried I maybe fried it all together.  I read the instruction book and they recomended using a ScanDisk SD card so I got one and haven't had any problems since.  I hope to get it out in the woods tomorrow!
You can take my gun, from my cold dead hands.

gunther89

Postby gunther89 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:58 pm

I've been hearing rumors about how the 2011 Bushnell trophy cam was going to have the "black flash" which deer and other animals aren't suppose to see.  Well I just saw on a forum that it's true and they had them on display at the ATA show.  These cameras look awesome and I can't wait till I get a chance to buy one this year!
ImageImage

Scott

motorbreaker

Postby motorbreaker » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:56 am

I tried the new software downloads for these cameras, I would
recommend doing this download even before putting your camera
out in the woods.
My cameras have worked much better since doing this.
Goodluck

Nwest

Postby Nwest » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:54 pm

I just picked one of these up last week, and I've just been playing around with it a little bit. When I put it in video mode and set it outside, it just keeps taking videos of nothing until the memory card is full. Any ideas? It appears to be a 2009 model (packaging said 2009) and I downloaded the new software upgrade for it. I have the sensitivity set on normal, will changing this to low during colder temps fix this?

gunther89

Postby gunther89 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:37 pm

I would say try taking the batteries out and putting them back in and hopefully that does it.  Also how many LED lights does it have?  If it has 32 then its the 2010 model which many people have had issues with and I would return it to the store you got it from and get a new one.  
Scott

Nwest

Postby Nwest » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:22 pm

It has 32 LED lights, so I guess it's a 2010 model then. I took the batteries out and I've tried it in different spots on different settings and it's the same thing every time. Today it took 1300 pictures of nothing over 8 hours. Time to take it back to Gander Mountain. I hope they let me return it.

Retranger

Postby Retranger » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:39 pm

Last fall I purchased a Bushnell Trophy Cam XLT with a viewer. I also have a moutrie 5.0 which I still use. I perfer the Bushnell for several reasons. It is much smaller in size and the batteries are smaller and last much longer. The trigger speed seems to be much faster than the moutrie. I have pictures of deer going directly accross the field of view and it was fast enough to get the whole deer. I used the camera from Aug to Nov of 2010 and someone else thought it was pretty nice also. [:(] I have purchased another one and am trying it out at present. The sensitivatey was real touchy and I had to put it on low. You need to be sure there are no branches or leaves etc. in it's view or it will get triggered. There was a problem with a certain manufacture date but was told that Bushnell would supply the new up grade if necessary.[;)]

bmstaaf

Postby bmstaaf » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:04 pm

I have the 2010 bushnell 8mp ir its ok. Honestly moultree produces a better camera I have the ir 5 mp by noultree its pretty equivalent to the bushnell but cheaper. I have had nothing but good conversations with the service staff for moultree. Only got the bushnell because a friend quit hunting never used 100 bucks. Can't turn it down. My moultrees are 3 years old had to send one back, but they sent me an upgraded model. Other then the defective one never had anymore issues. Get a moultree!

PreviousNext

Return to Scouting Cameras