New Deer Proposals

trapperDave

RE: New Deer Proposals

Postby trapperDave » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:25 am

ORIGINAL: PastorZig

ORIGINAL: trapperDave

absolutely that was the reason to drop them. The state lost out BIG tIME on revenue, revenue needed to fund dnr projects, expand hunter opportunity, run the business on a day to day business. LT lisence with no hunting seasons would be worthless. I would however love to see them raffle off a LT every year to raise money for future projects. say $5 a ticket.

Sound like you might be pro-big Gov't!! Give the government a $1 and only $.50 makes it to the 'project'?!?!?! Expand hunter opportunity? Right!! I'm a sceptic of the value of government's involvement in much of anything! But, you did make my point in my post on the 14th, the DNR keeps saying that their proposals have nothing to do with increasing the revenue, but the truth is exactly what you said....it was the reason, it continues to be the reason!!!!! Oh well......

boy is your perception skewed. Dont recon I ever was called pro g-ment in any way. Just stating the facts about LTL's costing the state AND ITS SPORTSMEN/WOMEN in a big way. Lisence money is needed to expand opportunity, buy more public lands etc. A necessary evil. As you know, once a politician gets ahold of money it is spent. Best to give it to them annually in small increments so it isnt all taken/wasted in one fell swoop. my .02
"Democracy is a lamb and two wolves voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Ben Franklin

trapperDave

RE: New Deer Proposals

Postby trapperDave » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:26 am

ORIGINAL: Bryan78

ORIGINAL: trapperDave

hey bryan, you ever make it onto HH?

No. Joe started an account on AntlerTalk.com and I sent him a pm and he came back and said they couldn't find any registration for me over there but yet I have one because it says my e-mail is already being used.

you could start a free aol account and sign up thru it
"Democracy is a lamb and two wolves voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Ben Franklin

Wanderer

Re: New Deer Proposals

Postby Wanderer » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:32 pm

Heads up Hoosiers,
Meetings on the new proposed deer hunting rules will be held Monday July 25 in Mitchell and Tuesday July 26 in Peru. Go to http://www.in.gov/dnr/fishwild/2362.htm to see all the rule changes. If you can't make the hearings on those two dates, go to the link I just provided and read all the proposals. From there you can click a link to e-mail comments on the proposed changes.
I just chimed in about the proposal to have 144 sq inches of blaze orange visible from every side of your pop up blind. Hey, I'm all for safety but, those of us who already own 7 blinds are gonna have to buy a lot of blaze orange handkerchiefs to comply. It really torques me because I only use the blinds on my own property. I've only gotta wear a cap to be legal now and that's probably about 72 sq inches. Who dreams this stuff up? Anyway, go to the meeting or post your comments online. It's great that the state asks our opinion.
They are also making crossbows legal for all of archery season, but you need a "crossbow license" instead of an "archery license" to hunt.

Previous

Return to Indiana