Should I Reload?

Disclaimer: This Web site's authors, editors and publisher have no control over the assembly of ammunition, arms it is to be fired in or how the resulting ammunition may be used. Therefore, no responsibility, either implied or expressed, is assumed for the use of any of the loading and reloading data on this site.
fasteddie

RE: Should I Reload?

Postby fasteddie » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:52 pm

I have reloaded some 270 , .308 and 44 mag for my son but the main two I reload for myself are the 25-06 and 7-30 waters as they are a bit pricy in any of the stores .
Semper Fi !

MSHunter

Postby MSHunter » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:44 pm

I'll be starting with .40 S&W. I have a few carbines and several semi autos in this caliber. It's the primary caliber I shoot when not hunting. Eventually, I'd like to add .38 Special, .45-70, .30-30 and .270 to the mix. I've purchased most of my items on line. The good news is a local Sportsman's Warehouse reopened near by, so I can purchase my powders/primers there with cash and keep the shipping/hazmat fees off my credit card.
"This is the world we are born into -- we should never let that slip away from us. May it never cease to stimulate, inspire and humble us." from Stalking & Still-Hunting: The Ground Hunter's Bible by G. Fred Asbell

deadeye43

Postby deadeye43 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:21 pm

I have been reloading for 45 years.  I started with simple tools and added to them over the years.  I first loaded for shotgun and M1 Carbine, then 30/30 Win, etc.  Now I reload about 25 different types of ammo.  I think that anyone who hunts or who does significant amounts of shooting should reload.  After a modest investment, the savings are very significant.  I really like reloading.  I find it to be fun and entertaining.  I've never had any problems with reloads.  They have always functioned well in my guns and have met or exceeded my expectations on performance on wild game.  I've taken more than 30 whitetails, some mulies and antelope, all with reloads.  So, don't throw away that brass, reload it.  It's simple, fun, and rewarding.  Just get some good reloading books, follow the instructions to the letter, and keep a record with your reloads.

Bullcamp82834

Re: Should I Reload?

Postby Bullcamp82834 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:18 am

Time at the loading bench and the bench rest is my hobby time. It's all mine and I immerse myself in it. No distractions.
That's a precious thing to me.

Not to mention that my handloads shoot better than anything I have ever bought in a store, the excellent quality of today's factory ammo recognized.

Previous

Return to Reloading