looking to get a new.....

Bowhunting experiences, the best way to tune a bow -- share your knowledge here!
ohtajj

RE: looking to get a new.....

Postby ohtajj » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:18 pm

I have owned a mission for 4 seasons now and can't say that I regret buying it at all. Just a matthews without anything fancy on it. Shoots great and has killed several animals for me.

GTOHunter

Postby GTOHunter » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:31 pm

The Mission Menace is a good Youth/Woman's Bow that is made by Matthews,I was considering getting one for my youngest Daughter to shot,it has an adjustable draw length and poundage adjustment too,so a Young Shooter or Woman can use it and it is suppose to be a very good Bow.I know of a few Guys that bought one to use as a second Bow when they were Bear Hunting and it can be adjusted for me to use also.I checked around and got a few prices and it varied from around $259.00 to $279.00 for a bare Bow.

trapperDave

Postby trapperDave » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:35 am

Martin is hard to beat ;)  If they spent the advertising money that mathews does, their prices would be sky high like mathews. But they dont, so they have affordable bows that can go toe to toe with any manufaurer.
"Democracy is a lamb and two wolves voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Ben Franklin

Huntingdad

Postby Huntingdad » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:35 am

On my last bow I did what Mobow said to do. I shot every bow in my price range I could. I drove around to a few shops and big stores. I ended up with a Diamond stud. I could have gone up to higher priced bows but the Stud is what I liked best. So take your time and shoot all the bows you can.
Eat or be Eaten!!!!

Patriot

Postby Patriot » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:55 pm

ORIGINAL: GTOHunter

The Mission Menace is a good Youth/Woman's Bow that is made by Matthews,I was considering getting one for my youngest Daughter to shot,it has an adjustable draw length and poundage adjustment too,so a Young Shooter or Woman can use it and it is suppose to be a very good Bow.I know of a few Guys that bought one to use as a second Bow when they were Bear Hunting and it can be adjusted for me to use also.I checked around and got a few prices and it varied from around $259.00 to $279.00 for a bare Bow.

My wife and 10 year old son both have the Mission Menace.  Great bow!!
Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:24 pm

Thanks guys...have any of you experience with New Breed bows?

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:23 am

Still looking to see if anyone has experience with New Breed?

USN_Sam1385

Postby USN_Sam1385 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:47 am

ting is now out....I have a wrist strap release and just can't use it...so I'm switching to a thumb release...much more comfortable...so wouldn't mind some thoughts thrown out...yes I know it really is the feel for the bow...but....I'd like to narrow the field a bit...so many options...Thanks in advance

Ms. Badge,

Have you considered getting back into the Traditional world? It might re-spark those butterflies.

As far as compound bows go, I have a PSE Stinger and it has worked flawlessly for me.

I have added some things:

String Silencers
String Stop
Wrist Sling
Quiver
Whisker Biscuit
PSE 3 Pin sights (20, 30, and 40)
Custom String
Stabilizer
Tubeless 1/4" Peep Sight (get the big one for a good sight window)
D-Loop

I have found that the arrows that work best with this set up are Cabelas Stalker Extreme 55/70 8.3 GPI with the Blazer vanes.

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:03 pm

On occasion I still shoot a recurve but I enjoy the compound....When doing any change I need to research it to death....It took for ever to get me to switch to carbons...They have a New Breed dealer not tooo awful far from here...reason I asked..but sent them an "E" with no response..not a good sign....will be traveling to Ackleys in PA soon so will be shooting some bows there...it's where we picked up my Remington lft.handed 243...hard to find in NY.....I have a nice Truglo sight and a Peep eliminator for rt hand left eye dominance  ...which I loved for practice...seriously....but after last year I don't think I can be comfortable in a hunting situation again....will more than likely go back to instinctive...it served me well for many year and many deer..actually all but 3 buck I've ever taken...I have a harder time shooting doe than buck during archery ...go figure.

Any how I've been leaning toward the Stinger....it just feels right in my hand...ppl say well it's not the "fastest" bow out there..to which I reply I have a Hoyt raider/intruder...65% let off....just about anything on the market today will be faster..lighter ..and easier to draw...lol[;)] 

USN_Sam1385

Postby USN_Sam1385 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:09 pm

ORIGINAL: msbadger

On occasion I still shoot a recurve but I enjoy the compound....When doing any change I need to research it to death....It took for ever to get me to switch to carbons...They have a New Breed dealer not tooo awful far from here...reason I asked..but sent them an "E" with no response..not a good sign....will be traveling to Ackleys in PA soon so will be shooting some bows there...it's where we picked up my Remington lft.handed 243...hard to find in NY.....I have a nice Truglo sight and a Peep eliminator for rt hand left eye dominance  ...which I loved for practice...seriously....but after last year I don't think I can be comfortable in a hunting situation again....will more than likely go back to instinctive...it served me well for many year and many deer..actually all but 3 buck I've ever taken...I have a harder time shooting doe than buck during archery ...go figure.

Any how I've been leaning toward the Stinger....it just feels right in my hand...ppl say well it's not the "fastest" bow out there..to which I reply I have a Hoyt raider/intruder...65% let off....just about anything on the market today will be faster..lighter ..and easier to draw...lol[;)] 

I did what you did. I went and held and fired a bunch of different bows. The Stinger is what I always came back to, for the feel and for the price. The only bow that felt as 'right' to me as the Stinger cost $400 more. No thanks.

The Deer won't know the price tag of the bow when the arrow travels through them cleanly.

PreviousNext

Return to Archery and Bowhunting