Scent-Lok's Vertigo camo pattern

hillcountry hunter

Scent-Lok's Vertigo camo pattern

Postby hillcountry hunter » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:01 pm

I have looked into buying a scent lok product for the better part of a year now and have really been intrigued by scent loks camo pattern called "Vertigo" that they made in conjunction with mossy oak. Scent lok claims the white space in the vertigo gray patten (there is also a Vertigo tan pattern) is "negative" space and eliminates the human silohoutte when stand hunting against the grayish/blue sky.  scent lok claims it eliminates the "Black Blob" effect (aka deer easily spotting your outline while wearing a dark camo pattern such as mossy oak breakup.)  when stand hunting in mid-late fall when leaves have been on the ground since mid-october, especially in northern climates like mine, Wisconsin) i have yet to purchase any Vertigo camo but am quite convinced i will purchase scent loks Vertigo gray after looking at the scent lok website and seeing pictures of hunters in a tree stands up against the grayish/blue overcast sky.  If you think about it, when deer look up at you, the look for a silohoutte or anything they can pick up on, the white aka "negative space" in this camo pattern eliminates the human outliine. Deer dont see you against tons of leaves like hunters think they do, they easily spot your outline against the white/grayish blue sky, vertigo gray seems it would eliminate that problem.

http://www.vertigocamo.com/gall.html

anyone have any success/failures with this camo pattern?
"We abuse land because we see it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect."
� Aldo Leopold

Wanderer

RE: Scent-Lok's Vertigo camo pattern

Postby Wanderer » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:08 pm

I've not used it because it's only available in Scent Lok clothing and I don't want to spend the extra bucks for a technology that I don't believe 100% in. I love the Vertigo pattern and would jump all over it if it was priced more like regular non scent free camo. Maybe I'll doctor up some existing camo using white shoe polish and see what I can do with that.

dreamchaser9

Postby dreamchaser9 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:42 am

Hey guys, I have had crazy success with Vertigo. Most revolutionary pattern out there in my opinion. It breaks up your outline like nothing I have ever seen before. They actually are not partnered with Mossy Oak originally they were supposed to, but I heard the deal never went through. So Scent-Lok actually built the pattern from scratch. Pretty impressive.

Wanderer-you might want to check out Native Species it's a new line that has only Vertigo and it doesn't have the scent control technology.

http://www.vertigocamo.com/
"When the hunter is in the treestand with high moral values and with proper hunting ethics and richer for the expierence, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God."
-Fred Bear

hillcountry hunter

Postby hillcountry hunter » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:43 pm

dreamchaser, thats good to hear. i am almost certain i will purchase the vertigo gray pattern in one of the new "Native Species" line, pretty cool looking stuff. where does it say that the native species doesnt have scent control technology in it? that would be an interesting move on their part, good for Wanderer i guess.

Also, everyone should check out Peterson's Bowhunting podcast on itunes and download the "Science of Scent-lok" episode with the CEO of Scent-lok greg susselmen..very very informative. he convinced me of scent-lok, now i just have some purchases to make.

Native Species

Postby Native Species » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:34 pm

where does it say that the native species doesnt have scent control technology in it? that would be an interesting move on their part, good for Wanderer i guess.

Not trying to spam here, so delete if need be, but Native Species is no-scent controlling gear. I work for the company (ALS Enterprises).

Thanks

~Nick

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:13 pm

ORIGINAL: hillcountry hunter

dreamchaser, thats good to hear. i am almost certain i will purchase the vertigo gray pattern in one of the new "Native Species" line, pretty cool looking stuff. where does it say that the native species doesnt have scent control technology in it? that would be an interesting move on their part, good for Wanderer i guess.

Also, everyone should check out Peterson's Bowhunting podcast on itunes and download the "Science of Scent-lok" episode with the CEO of Scent-lok greg susselmen..very very informative. he convinced me of scent-lok, now i just have some purchases to make.

WHY would you believe a proven LIAR? A liar with a Federal court's permanent injunction against his company???
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

charlie 01

Re: Scent-Lok's Vertigo camo pattern

Postby charlie 01 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:13 pm

I too think it is a great camo pattern (vertigo grey). I know it will break up your image. With snow on the ground, my top cover clothing is sometimes a hooded white sweatshirt. Last winter after a snow we had melted, I kept wearing the white top with regular camo pants to see what would happen. I noticed that I got spotted a lot less when wearing the white top. Always thought it was a good thing, but a bit pricey for me.
Well not now, I just ordered a jacket and pants of vertigo grey from Sportsman's Guide. It is a decent price. Best I've seen yet.
Also, any of you guys used to use the old tree bark camo? What I had wore out, and could never find it again. There are certain trees that I hunt that tree bark camo would be good. Well, Sportsman's Guide has that also. They have the original pattern and a new, what I call condensed version of the original pattern. Ordered myself a jacket and pant of this in the new version. Looked better to me than the original pattern.

Also the archery 2011 catalog of Bass Pro has a what they call Savana in vertigo grey. It is a light weight (non insulated) camo. You could always layer clothing under it. The price is right ($99.99 ea.) $109.99 for XL sizes.
never say never
patience is the companion of wisdom

Return to Clothing