Outfitter reviews?

Discuss articles and commentaries from our recent issues!
DeerCamp

Outfitter reviews?

Postby DeerCamp » Mon May 24, 2010 5:32 pm

So I was reading North American Hunter, and in the May Issue they have 2 pages that are dedicated to outfitter reviews. I was wondering if any of you would be interested in seeing something like this in Deer & Deer Hunting. Just to give a few of us who might be thinking about going some place on a hunt. I really enjoyed what I read up on that. It just might make it a little easier for some of us. I know there is a new site called something like ratemyguides.com or something along those lines, but I was wondering if maybe D&DH could do a page or two in their mag for all of us. Just something I wouldnt mind seeing.
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

Bob Olsen

RE: Outfitter reviews?

Postby Bob Olsen » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:44 am

I'm interested, just concerned about libel. I don't have anything good to say about a certain so called "outfatter" in Hadley Creek, Barry, Illinois. I live in the area and this guy has stuck it to everyone from friend's to old ladies. However, I would recommend 'Bucks Beware". Even tho I do not know Tom, I've heard he is upstanding.

krawiech

Postby krawiech » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:02 am

i am also a member of nahc and they ask you to submit a report on any outfitter guided hunt you can download the form fr5om their website i have submitted multilple outfitter reports in order to get a successful recommendation they must satistfy 80%of theirclients ifnot they do not get on the recommended lists theses lists are then put into a yearly booklet they recieve a lot of advertisement material that they put into their magazines like any large media those that pay the most get the the editors opinions some of the advertisers provide free or low cost cost hunts to management hank k

jyeomans

Postby jyeomans » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:41 am

Can someone recommend a good outfitter for deer hunting in north carolina. Thankyou John 

Rutnut

Postby Rutnut » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:17 am

@jyeomans , sent you a PM

krawiech

Postby krawiech » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:11 am

you shold contact north carolina outdoor adventures me and my brother hunted there this past november and it was a memorable hunt the first deer for me in 5 years im a handicapped hunter he went out of his way to make this happen the lodge was clean comfortable family did all the cooking they cater to you

Return to Deer & Deer Hunting Features