Bushnell Trophy Cam IR Reviews

Retranger

RE: Bushnell Trophy Cam IR Reviews

Postby Retranger » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:53 am

I can't knock the moultrie. I have had the 5.0 for three years now. The first one I had didn't work out of the box. Sent it back to Cabelas and they replaced it. Haven't had any trouble since and it takes good pictures. I liked the size and battery life of the bushnell and the trigger speed is much faster than the moultrie.

4khorn

Postby 4khorn » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:09 pm

I used my trophy cam for a year without any problems and loved it. The last time i went to check on it i noticed the IR lens was loose and rolling around freely. Not sure whether to take it apart myself and try to fix it or send it to bushnell. What would you guys recommend? Who has dealt with bushnell customer service before?
My pursuit of a buck of a lifetime is much like the Chicago Cubs pursuit of a World Series...the season ends with a "wait til next year"

Luke

wannaBelkhuntin

Postby wannaBelkhuntin » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:09 pm

ORIGINAL: 4khorn

I used my trophy cam for a year without any problems and loved it. The last time i went to check on it i noticed the IR lens was loose and rolling around freely. Not sure whether to take it apart myself and try to fix it or send it to bushnell. What would you guys recommend? Who has dealt with bushnell customer service before?

The red lens is sort of free floating inside the camera, it does adjust as it takes a picture so it is not a problem. I called Bushnell about this, that is normal.
  I have had 3 of the 09 models and love them. They take decent pictures with great battery life and good trigger speed. I would not waste money on the version with the viewer though, to slow to load pics. You can get the 09 models on e-bay for 135.00 the last time I checked. My friend bought 2 of the 2010 models and both of them suffered the runaway picture problem. He has sent them back to Bushnell and they replaced them. Just put them back up in Ohio so I have no review on the replacements. To be fair he also bought 2 Cuddiebacks and neither of them worked either.
   Sad to say but the camera market is all about selling cameras and fix any issues later. Plus they are ALL Chinese junk, some work some don't. I must admit that the new black flash seems to be great.

Previous

Return to Scouting Cameras