Everyone has one ...do you?

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
msbadger

Everyone has one ...do you?

Postby msbadger » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:42 am

Ya know the guy that runs around trying to stir up trouble ...looking for gossip...sucking up to ppl with hunting property or property rights...ect..ect...
Well it's the end of july and he's right on schedule...it started last week and he drops in every night with something....geezzz...tonight was a HUGE set of sheds...that he "picked" this morning up in the hedge row adjacent to us....Mr B. and I just looked at each other [8|]...Now mind you it's be raining here like washington state all summer and these sheds were perfactly dry hard and not a bit of discolor or chew marks...then I asked to see one....just to smell it and it was completely saturated with tobacco smoke...he doesn't smoke...he's just such an iggit...it's sad [&o]

howhill1

RE: Everyone has one ...do you?

Postby howhill1 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:44 am

oh there out ...yes indeed
"please join the N.R.A. as well as your state rifle association! these are critical times for ALL gun owners. Be informed, be active and stay vigilant"

hunter480

Postby hunter480 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:35 pm

Lol-you`ve got to NOT worry so much about the riff-raff out there. Of course they`re out there-and of course they`re different than you, because YOU follow the rules and obey all the "laws" spoken as well as unspoken.

They`re always going to be out there. All you can do is hunt, fish, camp, LIVE in the way you know is ethical, and let the losers do whatever they`re going to do anyway.

And YOU`RE no loser!

danesdad

Postby danesdad » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:37 pm

Just tell him he cant hunt your land.  Then he'll stop coming around.  Or, make him pay for the privledge.  If you lease your ground, it would be that much cheaper for all if you sold the guy a share....that is, if you can put up with him.

bckklr

Postby bckklr » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:07 am

1 i got a pair of brothers always tryin' to come in & steal 2 of the properties that i lease thank goodness the land owner & i have long personal relationship but i still have alot of trouble with them hunting it anyway they own a farm bordering both when im on one they sneek on the other & they run a spot light off of their deck & shoot them @ night when they cross their field straight hoodlums i say  
adapt & overcome

hoosierhuntercustomcalls.com

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:20 am

LOL...no..no thats not it...we've known him for years and he is VERY aware the he can not hunt and if caught I'd promptly have him arrested.....He's just...a Mrs. Crabbits...remember Bewitched.....Then he goes around trying to "gather " info on whats going on... other ppls property for the guys that do allow him  to hunt...hard to explain..and then seed little stories they want him to seed ...he hits about three of us every year doing this and can't figure out that we all talk to each other and know whats up. Maybe it's just here ...man there are some crazies around here....just wondering if you guys had anyone like that in your areas...We call him the Hobbit...he's been known to go out and have 2-3 breakfasts on a Saturday...just so he can keep in good with the "Boys"..going from one dinner to the next..lol

shaman

Postby shaman » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:23 am

Yep, I recognize the guy. Mine's a little different.  We'll call him Fred

Actually, we call him Fred the Poacher.  Fred the poacher is a neighbor. He's been up twice on poaching charges and pled out. The CO is gunning for him.  I met him just before closing on the property.  He came up and introduced himself to myself and KYHillChick.  Within 5 minutes we found out:

1)  He was Fred
2)  He'd never been allowed to hunt on the 200 acres we were buying.
3)  He was hoping we were a long-lost side of the family that he hadn't hit up yet for permission.  Everyone else had said "NO."
4)  He'd managed to get a nice buck out of one of my ravines the previous Thanksgiving weekend.

I agreed to give him written permission to hunt just that ravine after we bought the place, thinking I would be neighborly.  His place adjoins mine, and it's good to have someone watching who is coming up the road.  That arrangement did not last long.

Fred is despised universally around the county for his illegal 1 acre junk yard, and his hunting methods.  He's also a lousy shot.  One day, right after we moved in, the plumber called me at work to tell me a strange story:

Somebody had come out of the trailer up the road in his underwear, and shot at a herd of deer gathered in one of my fields.  He'd shot five times with what looked like a 30-30 and then gone back into the house to reload.  By the time he'd gotten back out the deer were gone.

"Did he hit anything?"

"Nope."

"Okay, that's Fred the Poacher." I replied.  "I wouldn't worry anything about it. He never seems to connect."

The next Spring I found him hunting turkeys way over on the other side of the farm.  I chased him.  That was 7 years ago. I think he's still wondering when I'm going to come and kill him in his sleep.

I had another mystery poacher that had taken deer and turkey off my land over the past few years.  I suspected someone, but could not pin it on them.
It was a father and son team that I had written permission slips for-- again, limited to just deer and just one spot. In fact, it was the same ravine that Fred had been eyeing.   I caught the kid shooting turkeys this Spring on another part of the property-- called the state police in and confiscated their gear.  If they're caught in this part of the county again, they're going to jail.

The moral of the story is that sometimes it is best to let them have a little, let them overstep their bounds and then use that as the reason for banning them for good.
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer

bckklr

Postby bckklr » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:15 am

great idea shaman ill try that advice i know my guys will fall into that givem an inch theyll take a mile kinda thing
adapt & overcome

hoosierhuntercustomcalls.com

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:38 am

You smelled the horns!!!???  [:D]

Remind Mr. B. to ALWAYS stay on the straight and narrow with you (But I am sure he already knows that by now). LOL
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

ibewman

Postby ibewman » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:53 pm

ya know they love there uncle P.O. STED place he has all the best land to hunt
i didnt climb to the top of the food chain to eat soy burgers

Next

Return to General Discussions