Why did you join the D&DH forums?

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
MnMario125

RE: Why did you join the D&DH forums?

Postby MnMario125 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:59 am

I'm probably your most non typical hunter (novice at best). I moved to the US from Venezuela back in 1993 (legally) and have absorbed the US culture as my own. I joke with my friends that I'm the most cracker hispanic guy they will ever meet. I moved out to a rural area about two years ago and I feel more at home than in any other place I have ever lived in. I have been interested in hunting for about 3 years but have been seriously pursuing it for about 6 months. I came to this forum to learn as much as possible from everyone I meet.

In the short week since joining this forum, everyone has been super nice and welcoming. looking forward to building a camaraderie with you all!

Cheers,
~M

Goose

Postby Goose » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:18 pm

Welcome to the threads and I look forward to your posts!
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

STR8UP

Postby STR8UP » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:54 pm

the mag is great (except for their Mathews bias) n to talk hunt'n . even though i'm in my early 40's n been shotgun hunt'n most of my life. i'm fairly new to bowhunt'n only 7 yrs.i like to learn from others experiences
UNITED WE STAND DIVIDED WE FALL!

NO SENSE RUNNING YOU'LL ONLY DIE TIRED

bassslayer

Postby bassslayer » Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:36 pm

Love to read about hunting when I cant be hunting[:)]

bludyarrows

Postby bludyarrows » Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:37 am

great place to learn and share info with some like minded people with the same addiction (this thing we call deer hunting) looking forward to some good talk and advice . Glad to be on board.
I head to the woods in sunshine or rain.the snow and sleet is all part of the game.I climb to my seat some 20 feet high.I lie here in ambush till the moment is right.I send the arrow flying with one thought in mind. I am a bowhunter and Victory is mine.

Big Horse

Postby Big Horse » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:15 pm

D&DH's recent article by Ted Nugent brought me here.

riverrat

Postby riverrat » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:37 pm

After reading an article on line about Mr. Charles Alsheimer’s 10 year study on the rut and what brings does in to estrus I wanted to know more and bought his book “Strategies for Whitetails”. It’s a great book and the “rutting moon” theory I have come to believe in! We have a state biologist that uses his “rutting moon” theory to forecast the projected rut here in Louisiana. So my respect and admiration for Mr. Alsheimer, my love of hunting and looking for knowledge on whitetail brought me to this site and then forum.

Derrhunter

Postby Derrhunter » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:34 pm

I looked for help but anybody come

cjgaleana

Postby cjgaleana » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:32 am

The reason I joined this forum is because I gained an interest in hunting deer at a later age than probably most kids. My father was a avid hunter when he was a younger adult and then as he got older he lost interest in it. So by the time I gained an interest he had no desire and so that is when I decided to go online and learn as much as I could myself. I ran into this website and read some posts from the forum and realized that this is a great tool to learn as much as you want to about hunting deer.
So now I am in my 4th season of hunting and I still log on to see new posts and every time I log on, I learn something new and love it.

freak nasty 145

Postby freak nasty 145 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:30 am

I like the magazine and i really like seeing where everyone is from and how they got their deer. Also i learn a couple of things from you guys.
"Any sportsman who can kill his deer without the tingling spine, the quick clutch at his heart, the delicious trembling of nerve fibers when the game is finally down, has no place in the deer woods." Lawrence R. Koller. (1948).

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions