Trailcam Wish List

DeerAddict

Trailcam Wish List

Postby DeerAddict » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:38 pm

I saw this on another forum and thought it was a good idea. It's about cams you would like to have but for whatever reason don't (yet?). Even though you can't really know how good a camera is until you use it; I would like to know what camera looks interesting to you or has the features you would really like to try. . .

I personally want to try the Bushnell Trophy Cams with the black LED, Little Acorn cam, and I like the Covert cam that lets you choose between IR flash and "white flash" in one cam. I was looking forward to the new Cuddebacks, but then I saw how ginormous they were, and how they still use D batteries. I really want a cam that sends pics to your phone, but I want one that doesn't need a cell phone plan.

gunther89

RE: Trailcam Wish List

Postby gunther89 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:37 pm

I too would like to try the Bushnell Trophy Cam black LED.  I'd also like to try a Reconyx camera just because I hear so much hype about them.  
Scott

Nwest

Postby Nwest » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:38 pm

Where have you found information on newer cuddeback models?

I would really like a camera that could send pictures to my computer/phone but also don't want to pay monthly fees for it. I hate having to disturb the woods to check my camera, but I also can't stand leaving it out there for more than one or two weeks. I always want to know what I have for pictures and I like to make sure the camera is still working.

I would also like a camera that has different settings for night and day. For example, videos during the day, and then standard flash at night. I'm not a big fan of IR, I think it spooks the deer as much as the standard flash does, and I like the pictures you get with a standard flash better. I've also heard of cameras that have the option to take a picture and then video. That could be a nice feature also, but I'm not sure which cameras have it.

I guess these are just features I would like rather than a specific brand or model that I want to have.

DeerAddict

Postby DeerAddict » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:09 pm

Nwest, I've heard about the new Cuddebacks mostly from other forums. Here's a video I found on chasingame.com from the ATA show; they kind of give a review on the specs and stuff.

http://www.eyesinthewoods.com/videos/91 ... ack-attack

DeerAddict

Postby DeerAddict » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:53 pm

Here's another video from the ATA show about the 2011 Cuddeback Attack models.

http://www.bowhunting.com/videos/new-pr ... Attack_955

Nwest

Postby Nwest » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:17 am

Thanks for the links. Eventhough the new cuddeback is kind of large, it has a lot of the features that I was looking for. I might have to check one out. I was thinking about getting a Day 6 Outdoors PlotWatcher, but if the new cuddeback works like a traditional trail cam but also has time lapse then it would make more sense just to get one of those.

DeerAddict

Postby DeerAddict » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:12 pm

Nwest, the Cuddeback isn't the only new cam with the time lapse. The new BTC has it, Moultrie has it, Covert, Ltl Acorn, Reconyx, and Uway have it. I'm not saying Cuddeback is a bad camera- they're probably great. Just sayin.

Nwest

Postby Nwest » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:45 am

Do you know of any web sites that have a list or a table comparing different features of trail cameras? I've looked at chasingame.com, but I don't have the time to read through the reviews for each camera. I would love to see a chart showing which cameras had the features I was looking for so I could then focus in on those cameras. Let me know if you have seen anything like this.

Mastertangler

Postby Mastertangler » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:22 pm

I have one Predator cam with the dark LED's (no flash) and love it. Flash range is shorter in distance, but it makes no sound and not even a little light goes on. Deer never even look at it when it goes off.
I'd really like a 2nd one and it's likely I'll have one by fall. But I'm also very interested in the new Bushnell with the similar feature.

I'd never want a camera that sends pictures to my phone or computer. Reasons....my phone would be buzzing or beeping all night long with incoming pictures and probably doesn't have the memory to go a whole night and actually get all of them. Or I'd lose hours of sleep sitting in front of my computer waiting for the next pictures to arrive! :-)

DeerAddict

Postby DeerAddict » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:00 pm

Nwest, trailcampro.com has kind of what you're talking about. It may not be exactly what you're looking for though.

Return to Scouting Cameras