Calls

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
Gatlin

Calls

Postby Gatlin » Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:20 pm

hey i was gonna buy some calls this year and i thought i would see what yall suggested? i think im gonna get one of the primos can things and maybe a grunt. what kind of combos are yall using? whats the best kind of call

JOEL

RE: Calls

Postby JOEL » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:31 am

the can calls are great and the "true talker "is another great call that can make a variety of calls.
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

RNC

Postby RNC » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:12 am

Got to agree with Joel those are two of my favorite calls. I also tried the Drury buck growl last year and found it was a good sound tube and didnt have any problems with it freezing up.

bowtech21

Postby bowtech21 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:38 am

I got the can and a variety of grunt tubes. I found the primos buck growl works the best for me hands down.

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:50 am

I'm trying the bowhunter plus this year.
They have had some problems with the attachment pins, but I like the system
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

howhill1

Postby howhill1 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:00 pm

im a big fan of the buckgrowl. it has good sound and volume and i love the wrist strap. i also tote a set of antlers and a rattling bag. why both? im not sure but i know as soon as i leave one behind ill want it. i bleat with my voice its really not that hard. the can style calls are easy to use and almost foolproof. i also have an old knight and hale e-z grunter ive had for about 15 years that still works and serves as my backup. i also carry my turkey diaphram calls since we can shoot turkeys while bowhunting with a 5.00 tag. came close a few times.
"please join the N.R.A. as well as your state rifle association! these are critical times for ALL gun owners. Be informed, be active and stay vigilant"

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:24 pm

the only two calls other than my yote call ill take out.(for shooting at a yote or brining one in site if i see one.) are the true talker and the buck growl.. they both work really well for me

http://www.northamericanwhitetail.com/gear/0703gearscent_talker.jpg
http://www.obsessionarchery.com/images/mad/buckgrowl2.jpg
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

OHhunter

Postby OHhunter » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:19 pm

Snort-wheeze has become one of my favorites, any one can do it with or without a call, and it really gets big mature bucks fired up.  couple it with a decoy and it's on.

Gatlin

Postby Gatlin » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:56 pm

Thanks for the info. I've never used calls before so would the buck growl be easy to use? you probably have to practice some though. Do yall use the cans and the buck growl together or what do yall use together?

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:17 am

I use the primos can and true talker...by the way Don't get the can wet....mine did and it ruined it...they replaced it for me though and now I keep it in a zip-loc bag when using it....any how I also use a turkey call when deer hunting...here the deer and turkey feed together and it will bring deer in relaxed.....

Next

Return to General Discussions