Wildgame Camera Reviews

Goose

Wildgame Camera Reviews

Postby Goose » Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:36 am

Have any experience with Wildgame Innovations scouting cameras? Please leave your honest opinions and reviews here.
Wildgame Innovations - http://www.wildgameinnovations.com/products/camera.html
Jake

Genesis 27:3 Take your bow and quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game.....

DeerAddict

RE: Wildgame Camera Reviews

Postby DeerAddict » Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:28 am

Last year I purchased the Wildgame Innovations 1.3 mp trail camera. It's not the greatest trail cam, but you get what you pay for. This trail cam is the cheapest one you can get from WGI I believe. I think I got it for like $35 bucks at the Sportsman's Guide..[:)]..I think it's one of the cheapest trail cams you can find.

Right now the Sportsman's Guide is sold out of them, but you can get a two pack of them at BassProShops for like $80 bucks. Cheap right?!

Although a lot of the features don't work on mine, it still takes pictures-pretty good for $35-and it works. The trigger speed is probably around 3 seconds. Mine won't read SD cards, so I just have to use the internal memory, -Thats one of the worst things about it. It takes four C batteries, and they last about two weeks. In my opinion, that's probably pretty good batt. life for a $35 dollar camera -money probably piles up from all the batteries I have to buy though.

It has color day photos and a strobe flash at night that's suppose to reach 20 ft. Mine didn't seem to scare the deer much, but older bucks react the most. It's pretty easy to program, it only takes about 10 minutes to figure out. It comes with some bungie cords -that are pretty wimpie-that work ok enough.

I bought it last year, and it's still working fine. For $35 bucks, I think it was a good deal, even though a couple features don't work.

Here's a bunch of pictures I got with it last season.

1Morgan

Postby 1Morgan » Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:48 am

I bought the 2/$80 pack of 1.3 megapixel cams about a month ago. It take pics ok. It does it's job i'm not gonna frame trail cam pics anyway. It lets me know the deer are there, time of day, and direction of travel. It has a slow shutter so ya have to point it down/up the trail not across it. I do get some "whiteout" pics day and night. If some one steals one i'm only out $40.00. Mine came with the SD card slots. I'm have the same opinion of the previous post...it works.
South Carolina Low Country

Cal

Postby Cal » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:03 pm

Picked up a couple of the IR4 model at F&F for $72 a pop. Also got the external battery kits for $38.

So far they stomp on my aging P.O.S. Wildviews.

hus

Postby hus » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:45 am

Old thread I know but I figured I post a pic or two and share my opinion.  I have 2 of the IR3Cs.  Still not the best camera out there for sure and the infared pics are nothing to brag about, but every once and a while you get some good quality pics.  It's about a 60-40 split on pictures and quality with 40% being the amount of pictures with good quality.  I'll be buying a better camera during the off season but I picked 2 of these at Dick's for $108 tax and all with a $20 Off Coupon.  Here's a pic:

dewey

Postby dewey » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:55 am

I got an email from D&DH today about the Wildgame IR4C Infrared Game Camera and it is $67.99 when the retail price is $99.99. I was thinking about getting one but I was wondering if anyone of you have one and what you think.

Dewey
�Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.�

Mahatma Gandhi

fr0sty

Postby fr0sty » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:22 pm

I bought an ir4 last fall.  It's been ok.  The trigger speed could be better.  Battery life has been pretty good, although I haven't run a set of batteries all they way down.  I suspect it will last between 6 and 8 weeks with a couple thousand pics.  The IR pics suffer when temps are it the teens an lower.  The images are dark. Also, the filter arm sometimes sticks when it's sub zero.  Normally it stick just off to one side.  That causes a black band on the pic edge.  I also had it stick right in the middle.  That gave a normal image on the left, black band in the center and pink image on the right.

ishman

Postby ishman » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:08 pm

I bought an ir4c last year when gander mountain was running a special for $59.99. You get what you pay for. Its not the worst camera ive ever owned but far from the best. It missed alot of pictures and had alot of pics with just a deer hind end. It seems to have a problem when its low light. The camera is sensing light from above so it doesnt flash. Then the pics a black. You can lighten them up on the computer but its a pain in the rear. When it did take a picture with something in it, the pics where really nice. I myself am on the fence about whether to buy another one of these or spend a little more money and get a better one. Its hard to spend 2 or 3 hundred dollars on 1 camera.
Eric

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:13 pm

I bought the 2.0 MP. It was the least expensive model available. As everyone stated, it does work, for the most part. Day pics seem fine, although there are some blank pics. I believe the instructions said that it would take pics up to 15 yards away at night. It was more like 6-7 yards. After that it was just illuminated eyes. Battery life seemed short, but for the money I enjoyed playing with it. I'm sure I started at the bottom of their line, so I kind of had an idea that it would have some shortcomings.
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:39 pm

Looks like you and I were thinking the same thing Dewey. I saw the email as well and was wondering about them. Doesn't sound too promising from the few reviews so far? I might just spend the money and get a couple bushnells. But, will wait to hear more reviews if anyone has any. Thanks!
QDM!

Next

Return to Scouting Cameras