Post season scouting

Tracks, Rubs, Scrapes, Trails, Etc.
Pursuit Hunter

Post season scouting

Postby Pursuit Hunter » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:55 am

Shot some video of my hunting buddy and me doing some post season scouting in Illinois. We back-tracked some trails and found a ton of sign. The video shows how we marked our future stand location. We had to leave before dark, but not before we were able to film several dozen deer literally piling into a field along the trails we had just scouted. Here's a link to the video. http://www.pursuithunting.com/2010/03/chasin-trail.html
Hunting takes place before you climb into your stand. Everything after that is just shooting. TM

www.pursuithunting.com

Semper Fi

Pursuit Hunter

RE: Post season scouting

Postby Pursuit Hunter » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:13 pm

I also got inspired to write an article about my top 10 reasons to go scouting in the off-season. http://www.pursuithunting.com/2010/03/t ... eason.html
Hunting takes place before you climb into your stand. Everything after that is just shooting. TM

www.pursuithunting.com

Semper Fi

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:52 pm

Very Nice! I really like how you marked the trails.. That was something that I didnt think about, but can be very helpful knowing where they all are at! I really liked the idea of having a little note pad with you..(No one can remember everything.) Nice video and a great article.
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

NJ Camo Man

Postby NJ Camo Man » Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:56 pm

Nice website, video, good information pursuit.  Thanks

cjgaleana

Postby cjgaleana » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:45 pm

Took a look at the website and I have to say it was very informative. Spent a couple hours reading the stories and the gear reviews and thought that the site was a good resourceful tool.

Hammer12

Re: Post season scouting

Postby Hammer12 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:19 pm

The notepad was what I used to do as well but I know have an app for my iphone called Deer Scouter that allows me to pin all of the deer sign I find. It is very simple to use and keeps a history forever. You may find it useful because it will do the same thing for you but much easier.

Return to All About Deer Sign