Sights on a shotgun

Talk about the best guns and ammunition for deer hunting!
buckhunter21

RE: Sights on a shotgun

Postby buckhunter21 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:28 pm

yes i do believe it is a 1100 now that i think of it.  also, i don't plan on putting a scope on there unless i end up putting that red dot on that i bought him for Christmas.  he would like open sights but he wants to use those tru-glo sights instead of just that bead that he has.  there is no rib to mount it on though so that's why i'm wondering if it's even possible and was hoping someone on here would know! :)
QDM!

shaman

Postby shaman » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:48 am

If it's an 1100, you should be able to find a smoothbore IC barrel with rifle sights.  That would be the best way to go.  There's one on gunbroker.com right now for $140.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:43 pm

do you know if you can put those tru glo sights on that one?
QDM!

shaman

Postby shaman » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:04 am

I'm not certain, but I don't remember ever having trouble getting my sights on on a deer with that barrel.
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer

GTOHunter

Postby GTOHunter » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:00 pm

They were just showing a sight for Shotguns on the Outdoor Channel the other day...it was a rear-sight and it had the red-dot on a simple glass at the back end of the barrel,it helped the Hunter get on the target quicker and it looked like a nice sight!Maybe someone here saw it also....I'm thinking its a Tru-Glo sight also?

MSHunter

Postby MSHunter » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:35 pm

Check Natchezss.com or Brownells.com
They have alot options.
"This is the world we are born into -- we should never let that slip away from us. May it never cease to stimulate, inspire and humble us." from Stalking & Still-Hunting: The Ground Hunter's Bible by G. Fred Asbell

GTOHunter

Postby GTOHunter » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:15 am

I finally saw the advertisment for the one I was mentioning...it is a Burris Speed Bead shotgun sight,there are also others out the on the market,You just need to check a few of them out and see which one would fit your needs the best?

Dan Salmon

Postby Dan Salmon » Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:46 pm

I would guess that a gunsmith could mount the Tru-Glo rifle sights on the existing barrel, but it would be permanent.  Not a deal breaker if all he uses the gun for is deer and/or turkeys, but not ideal by any means if he also uses it for bird hunting.  I believe the Speed Bead is mounted by taking the butt stock off and placing it between the receiver and butt stock then tightening everything back up.  No drill and tap or saddle mount required.   

Previous

Return to Guns and Ammo