Has Spring Really Sprung?

Wanderer

Has Spring Really Sprung?

Postby Wanderer » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:11 pm

Signs of Spring

Well, Spring must officially be close, if not actually here. We had a touch over 60 degrees today and they’re calling for 65 tomorrow. The snow is all gone, and the crocuses are blooming all over my yard. I saw a night crawler on the blacktop in the driveway and there’s been about 50 or 60 robins out in the beanfield for better than a week. The daffodils are poking through out in the front flower beds.
Man made signs include getting the lawn chairs back outside and pulling the tank heater out of the horse trough. I even wore a regular tee shirt today instead of a long sleeved one and I had on regular jeans instead of the flannel lined ones.
Hopefully winter is behind us, but don’t be surprised if you see me chipping ice out of the horse trough while wearing my heavy hunting clothes sometime in the next few weeks. Mother Nature has been known to play tricks.

bmstaaf

RE: Has Spring Really Sprung?

Postby bmstaaf » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:49 pm

Still too much snow here! We have not seen 50 yet but tomorrow might hit it.

MSHunter

Postby MSHunter » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:45 pm

We've had decent day time temps for the last couple of weeks. But, it's still Frosting at night. Still to early for any planting.
"This is the world we are born into -- we should never let that slip away from us. May it never cease to stimulate, inspire and humble us." from Stalking & Still-Hunting: The Ground Hunter's Bible by G. Fred Asbell

PastorZig

Postby PastorZig » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:45 pm

Daytime temps have been over 60 4 or 5 days in a row and two days ago it hit 75 degrees!! The turkeys are becoming more visible in the fields and gobbling is picking up! (I know, this is "Deer And Deer Hunting") Mushrooms will soon be on the plate at our house!! Spring time is such a great time of the year!

Bryan78

Postby Bryan78 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:12 pm

I have noticed and so have my parents when they come to visit is that Spring comes about two weeks faster in Central Indiana then it does up there in Rochester and points north.

PastorZig

Postby PastorZig » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:50 pm

A high of 78 degrees earlier this week to cutting the grass for the first time this year on Thursday with a high of 36 and flurries!!!!!!

Bryan78

Postby Bryan78 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:49 pm

ORIGINAL: PastorZig

A high of 78 degrees earlier this week to cutting the grass for the first time this year on Thursday with a high of 36 and flurries!!!!!!

Yeah I have already mowed once and fertilized the yard. It needs mowed again already. I am always the first in the neighborhood to mow but I also have the nicest yard. My yard was last to turn brown last year but it also suffered some damage from the drought so it looks like I will have to reseed some areas.

Wanderer

Postby Wanderer » Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:32 am

And here it is the 28th of March and I had to break ice out of the horse trough this morning. 22 degrees. aaaargh

PastorZig

Postby PastorZig » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:14 pm

ORIGINAL: Bryan78

ORIGINAL: PastorZig

Yeah I have already mowed once and fertilized the yard. It needs mowed again already. I am always the first in the neighborhood to mow but I also have the nicest yard. My yard was last to turn brown last year but it also suffered some damage from the drought so it looks like I will have to reseed some areas.

3" of snow fell on Saturday night! Beautiful stick-to-everything snow and was completely gone by sunset Sunday. A guy in my church said he had found a couple of black morrels before the cold snap!!! Crazy weather!!!

Bryan78

Postby Bryan78 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:36 pm

ORIGINAL: Wanderer

And here it is the 28th of March and I had to break ice out of the horse trough this morning. 22 degrees. aaaargh

You're not the only one complaining. My dad is not happy about the weather up there either.

Return to Indiana