handi-rifle

Talk about the best guns and ammunition for deer hunting!
howhill1

handi-rifle

Postby howhill1 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:31 pm

picked up a h&r handi rifle in .243win a while back for oties. shot it yesterday with winchester 100 grn spt's had trouble with the shells ejecting properly. anyone else had similar troubles?
"please join the N.R.A. as well as your state rifle association! these are critical times for ALL gun owners. Be informed, be active and stay vigilant"

ibewman

RE: handi-rifle

Postby ibewman » Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:56 pm

i have one in 223 dose the same thing i cleened and scrubed the heck out of  it and a half a can of remoil later it only sticks  every once and awhile
i didnt climb to the top of the food chain to eat soy burgers

howhill1

Postby howhill1 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:14 am

i think it's ammo i tried some remington core lok and it kicked out every one. im gonna take some empty 's to work today amd mic em to see the differnce.
"please join the N.R.A. as well as your state rifle association! these are critical times for ALL gun owners. Be informed, be active and stay vigilant"

shaman

Postby shaman » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:16 am

When I have a sticky chamber like that, I take a chamber-sized bore swab, chuck it in a drill and load it up with FLITZ, and then spin the swab through the chamber for a bit and polish up the chamber.  Then I clean it really really well. The problem usually goes away.
Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries of SW Bracken County, KY
Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer

Spurred

Postby Spurred » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:45 am

How's the accuracy? I had thought about buying one, but I'm always suspect of the barrels on inexpensive firearms.

howhill1

Postby howhill1 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:16 pm

thanks shaman i actauly scrubbed the heck outa the chamber and it didnt help with the winchesters????? i mic'ed the rem;s and the win's and the wins were a few 1,000th's larger and 2 100'th's  longer. thats enough to cause the problem id say. i dont know if its a bad batch or just the paticular load. as for the accuracy its a real tac driver i was shooting 1/2" groups at 100yds. i really like the rifle.

Return to Guns and Ammo