First day of gun?

ishman

First day of gun?

Postby ishman » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:45 pm

I heard today that the state is looking at starting gun season on the saturday after thanksgiving instead of monday. Not sure that it'll go anywhere but what does everyone think? I dont know that i really have an opinion on it.
Eric

bmstaaf

RE: First day of gun?

Postby bmstaaf » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:55 pm

I don't have an opinion as well, archery is my time ha ha.

MRHunter

Postby MRHunter » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:33 am

The First Day of Rifle Deer Season (Monday after Thanksgiving) is almost a holiday in some areas of PA. Tradition.

I have always pictured people with hunting camps as traveling to camp after Thanksgiving. Scouting the weekend to get ready for opening Day. At least that is what I would do.
A Saturday opener would change that somewhat.

There will probably be more hunters out locally on Saturday and maybe fewer out on Monday. Don't need to take a day off work.

I do not belong to a camp so if I do not get my deer during Archery.. I will be out Saturday and Monday. Any extra hunting day for me.

danesdad

Postby danesdad » Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:40 am

I'd rather it remained as it is, but I'll adapt if they change it.
Hunting: 10% skill and 90% location.

ishman

Postby ishman » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:22 pm

Now if we could hunt on sundays, id be all for the season starting on a saturday. It would be nice to have 2 straight full days to hunt.
Eric

DaveYak

Postby DaveYak » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:19 am

[font=consolas]I think that they should keep it the same, we have to save some traditions in this country!  That would be like moving Independence Day to the first Saturday of July.  Save the tradition, keep it Monday.  I am a believer that they should legalized Sunday hunting though.  Either way with the gun opener, it doesn't really affect me because I don't usually rifle hunt deer, bow only for me the last few years.[/font]
DaveYak,
Land of the free,
Home of the brave,
Faith in God that'll never waive!
Do It To It Outdoors @ Facebook

danesdad

Postby danesdad » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:00 pm

ORIGINAL: ishman

Now if we could hunt on sundays, id be all for the season starting on a saturday. It would be nice to have 2 straight full days to hunt.

It would be strange if it started on saturday, stopped on sunday and started again on monday.
Hunting: 10% skill and 90% location.

Return to Pennsylvania