2011 Shed Picks

The popular off-season pastime is quickly becoming a sport itself. Help cure antler illness by sharing your shed hunting tactics.
Rutnut

RE: 2011 Shed Picks

Postby Rutnut » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:39 pm

Well, most of the snow has melted and it's about time. Went out shed hunting for the 3rd time this year. Saw some great sights...beaver dam, lodge, nice big rubs, some hawks, and some great scenery. Found a place that looked promising. Tons of briers with deer beds every where. Kept finding bones, and a few doe skulls. No Sheds. And then, there it was....a dead 8pt skull. For some reason I have a hard time finding sheds, but do a good job finding buck skulls every year. Go figure! It's Kind of ravished, but it's a keeper for the pile.

buckdown

Postby buckdown » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:08 pm

I got out today to do some shed hunting, found a shed with real thick mass in a group of pines, hoping to get out there again real soon, good luck to all 

MG11

Postby MG11 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:41 pm

Wow, nice finds Charlie 01 and others. I can finally add a picture to my post, I just wish I would've found it before the rodents did. Good luck out there.

A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be... time to commune with your inner soul as you share the outdoors with the birds, animals, and fish that live there. -Fred Bear

Previous

Return to Shed Hunting