Frustrated to the max

Bowhunting experiences, the best way to tune a bow -- share your knowledge here!
wisbooner3932

Frustrated to the max

Postby wisbooner3932 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:04 pm

The last couple times I've shot I'll shoot a couple rounds at 20, a couple at 30, all the way back to 50 yards.  At the end of my night I'll move back into 20 to try to end on a solid note.  The only problem is when I move back in I'll hit about 6 inches high!  I use a HHA dial sight and always make sure I'm on the right marker.  I thought maybe the string is stretching a tad while I'm shooting but my knocking point stays consistant, and besides my string is only a month old (VaporTrails).  I also thought maybe it was a form issue but I blank bailed all winter long so my form is pretty set in stone so I don't think its that.  Now I'm starting to wonder if it's maybe a cam timing issue?  I shoot a Mathews DXT and the cable seems to be lined up pretty good with the timing hole but it's off maybe a 1/16 of an inch.  I shoot a NAP Apache drop-away rest just for the record.  Do any of you guys have any suggestions or ideas? Thanks.
You can take my gun, from my cold dead hands.

fasteddie

RE: Frustrated to the max

Postby fasteddie » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:01 am

Depending on how many arrows you shoot each round and the total rounds , I would wonder if maybe you might be tiring and changing something just a tad bit ........
Semper Fi !

Patriot

Postby Patriot » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:59 pm

That is very odd.

What if you try shooting all rounds at 20 yards. The first round and the last round should stay the same...in theory.
Paul K. "aim small, miss small"

wisbooner3932

Postby wisbooner3932 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:08 pm

Thanks for your replies guys.  After staring at my bow for about an hour last night (no exageration lol) I finally determined that my quiver bracket mounted to the sight may have been putting tension on the arm of the sight (kind of hard to explain) so I took it off.  I shot from 20 to 65 yards then came back in to 20 and she shot perfect.  I guess we'll see if it stays that way but for the time being its good.  I did however, notice my peep was starting to rotate towards the end of the round sooo I guess only time will tell. 
You can take my gun, from my cold dead hands.

danesdad

Postby danesdad » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:06 pm

If your accuracy changes during a round of shooting, but then returns to normal if you wait a couple days and shoot again, that suggests a form issue, not a bow problem. If your accuracy changes at the end of one round, then stays out of whack on your next round, then it may be equipment related. Sounds like you are onto something with the quiver.
Hunting: 10% skill and 90% location.

Return to Archery and Bowhunting