Who's the wise guy?

Share your tips and techniques on these great, but often times lost methods of hunting.
bobow

Who's the wise guy?

Postby bobow » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:06 am

My question is, who's the wise guy who told me to cut my replacement poles too short for my blind?

I set my pop up blind again to hose it down and get things squared away & to practice shooting but I find that the roof hub is not very sturdy even after adjusting as much as the hub allows.  Going back in history I have replaced numerous poles due to heavy snow load and breakage before I cut a center pole for support.

So I finally take the thing apart and find out I cut the three poles roughly 1-1/2" too short.

So who is the responsible party that told me to do that?  [:D]

I ordered new poles this morning (free) but with shipping.  Duh!  [&:]

I hate when this happens [&o]

38 days to opening in IL ....
Thomas Jefferson, 1774 July. "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time."

Life Member: NRA, ISRA; Member CCRA

sv2112

RE: Who's the wise guy?

Postby sv2112 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:07 am

Because "wise guy" is sarcastic, so it means the opposite of what it's words actually mean. The English language is very flexible, with the ability to craft idioms and expressions, and English speakers just have to know that "wise guy" does not actually mean someone who is wise, but is a sarcastic remark about someone who is trying to act clever but isn't.

Best Life Insurance | Buy Life Insurance

Return to Ground Hunting, Still Hunting, and Stalking