Hunting Video by Godaddy CEO

The latest news from Deer & Deer Hunting magazine!
Dan Schmidt

Hunting Video by Godaddy CEO

Postby Dan Schmidt » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:26 am

Not whitetails, but hunting news nontheless:

ABC News made a big deal out of this this morning, along with some "editorial" comments by the reporter and anchor George Stephanopolous. In a nutshell, godaddy.com CEO Bob Parsons posted a video online of his successful elephant hunt in Zimbabwe. Not surprisingly, the mainstream media and anti-hunters were appalled that someone could kill elephant. However, it is more involved than that. Parsons also included video of the local people butchering the elephant; they were obviously overjoyed at the abundance of meat. He added some rock-and-roll music to the video which turned even more people off to the situation.

Here is the link to the video. http://tinyurl.com/3kfxwf7

Your thoughts?
Daniel E. Schmidt, Editor, Deer & Deer Hunting

woodsalta

RE: Hunting Video by Godaddy CEO

Postby woodsalta » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:10 am

I watched the video and read the article that was with it. It doesn't matter to me if the CEO of GoDaddy wants to hunt an elephant or not. You could see that the elephant didn't go to waste, in fact it seems that they could have shot another one and fed more of the villagers. In fact I believe that when hunting elephants in Africa that one condition of getting the permit/license is that the meat goes to the nearest village. PETA goes and sticks it's nose in again by saying that he could have done more by means of a "wire transfer". Man, I wish people in PETA would just get a life.
A man with a gun is a citizen, a man without a gun is a subject.

jonny5buck

Postby jonny5buck » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:46 am

I watched the video also ...and could find nothing wrong...sure he handed out ''GoDaddy'' hats...he killed an elephant and the villagers swarmed to get the meat......i guess if the villagers wearing the hats bothers someone than they should never watch a filmed deer hunt...were the hunter makes mention of his gear ,clothes,bow,arrows brands etc, thats part of it,,,the sponsors...i take it at face value ..no further...to be honest i like this guy a little bit more because of the video...not only did he know it would be controversial....but knew Peta would dump their rhetoric in on the mix....to any of you that have a problem with the Ac/DC...music and the brashness of it i say get over it...i could care less wether you jam some Johhny Cash....or blast some Heavy metal after or before a kill...it doesn't bother me in the slightest...

The Peta members are as predictable as they come...they like making referance to masculinity....to prod and get a reaction...they also have those words they cannot live without and are a dead give away to their beliefs..here is a few...innocent animals....helpless animals...and murder...are words that their twisted minds believe is truth....

Just remember without CEO'S and others yes im going to referance the nuge...Ted nugent...that have a similar shock value to their comments how much of a voice would you have in this???... i personaly understand it ..i have dealt with them in person....

Ben Sobieck

Postby Ben Sobieck » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:27 am

What's the news here?

Is it hunting elephants? People hunt elephants legally all the time. It's part of the tourism industry, which is the only viable commercial product in some parts of the continent. It's as if someone suddenly discovered chickens - yes, real live chickens - were killed to make McNuggets. And...?

Is it that graphic footage of an elephant being slaughtered was videotaped? Animals slaughtered for food is a reality most of the world lives up close and personal. These villagers probably experience it every day.

Is it that a CEO posted a video in poor taste? Maybe. That's a matter of opinion.

So of the three, the only newsworthy item is a matter of opinion. Which what this boils down to. Do you think elephants should be hunted in Africa and the meat given to the locals?

My opinion is that if the herd size can tolerate hunting, then "yes."

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:57 pm

I don't have a problem with it. The meat was not wasted and the kill was in line with conservation. Everyone looked pretty hungry too.
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

John1961

Postby John1961 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:02 pm

Here is what I think. He a CEo, white collor, tie fancy everything. BUT He is a hunter. He filmed an elephant hunt and peta and others are pissed. SO WHAT. I've seen MANY MANY hunting and fishing shows with big name folks. Big deal. Whats the problem? He has money? I don;t but no one filmed me shooting a deer or rabbit, cutting it up for food. I have no problem with any one that does not agree with hunting or fishing but dont  try to make me feel bad for doing , I don't go agasint you for not liking what I do.
John
U.S. Army Retired and Proud American
Black Water Hunting Club
" BUY AMERICAN "

badappleoutdoors

Postby badappleoutdoors » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:29 am

What is wrong with it? I do not see a problem with it at all. Must have been a slow news day.

Sailfish

Postby Sailfish » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:06 pm

Man, talk about some HUNGRY people!!!
"Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther."

freak nasty 145

Postby freak nasty 145 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:49 pm

Peta needs to go away for good. Did you see how hungry those poeple were??! Nothing wrong with this video. It feed a lot of people and maybe the farmers crops were saved. When you put animals above poeples needs........... something is wrong.
"Any sportsman who can kill his deer without the tingling spine, the quick clutch at his heart, the delicious trembling of nerve fibers when the game is finally down, has no place in the deer woods." Lawrence R. Koller. (1948).

SwampLife

Postby SwampLife » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:11 pm

by giving out the hats and making the video, the entire thing is a tax write off.

I like the 'whitetails' in their commercials.

Thats a bad joke.
No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.

Next

Return to Breaking News