Fence Post rub

Tracks, Rubs, Scrapes, Trails, Etc.
TurkeySpurs

Fence Post rub

Postby TurkeySpurs » Sun May 01, 2011 9:35 pm

[font="arial"][size="2"]I am an avid whitetail hunter and I have seen some unusual things over the years but I happened to run across this fence post about 5 years ago.  It is on my dad's property and it was just beginning to be used by bucks as a rub.  At that time there was still barbed wire attached.  Each year I would inspect it and each year the post was getting narrower and narrower.   I noticed during the 2009 hunting season that the barbed wire was gone completely.[/size][/font]   [font="arial"][size="2"]I believe that this post will not make it through another rut.  Even though this fence borders an alfalfa field I need to get the fence repaired.  I am wondering about leaving this post but putting a barrier around it to prevent deer from rubbing it.  I am also considering digging it out and somehow displaying it in my den.  I guess I have until October to make my decision.[/size][/font]   [font="arial"][size="2"]I hope that you find this as interesting as I do.

I have pictures but I need to learn how to add them to this post
[/size][/font]

charlie 01

RE: Fence Post rub

Postby charlie 01 » Mon May 02, 2011 11:57 pm

I'll have to dig up some old pics I have of a wooden picknik table that a buck used as a rub. This went on for several years.
Putting that fence post on display sounds like a good idea. It will only get broken and deteriorate out there. Memories are often forgotten when no longer visable. Then you could put a couple of shed antlers at the base. 
never say never
patience is the companion of wisdom

RubyCreekHunter

Re: Fence Post rub

Postby RubyCreekHunter » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:43 am

Does it look like this one?
http://www.vimeo.com/938865
RubyCreekHunter

Return to All About Deer Sign