backyard bucks... (pics)

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
Eight_Oak_Acres

backyard bucks... (pics)

Postby Eight_Oak_Acres » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:55 am

Got up this morning, and had a couple nice bucks in the backyard again, I grabbed my camera, slowly slid the sliding door open a few inches, and popped off a few pictures. Both are great looking bucks...the first one looks like he's older than the second one to me, but I am definitely no expert at judging age on the hoof. Any of you able to help me figure that out?
Here is the first one...

Here is the second one...

-Eric

bckklr

RE: backyard bucks... (pics)

Postby bckklr » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:33 am

kickin A man , those are some goodins,lucky you im no expert but i think #1 is older can i hunt out back ill only use my bow PLEASE!!
adapt & overcome

hoosierhuntercustomcalls.com

vipermann7

Postby vipermann7 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:47 am

im not good at aging deer either, and looking at the racks throws you off. you almost have to block out the racks and try to concentrate on the bodies. i would also say the first pic looks like the older deer, probably by only a year though. i would say the second deer is 2.5 to 3.5, and the first deer is 3.5 to 4.5. good pictures, who needs trail cameras with this action, right?

vipermann7

Postby vipermann7 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:54 am

theres a link on the deer and deer hunting home page just above charlie's video that leads to some videos, one of them is about aging deer. it gives some good tips for aging deer based on how long their hoof prints are.

msbadger

Postby msbadger » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:42 am

lucky you!...great pics...and I'm with the guys #1 looks to be older

howhill1

Postby howhill1 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:31 pm

very nice bucks..... i agree #1 has a much bigger "gut" but #2 isnt" far behind.
"please join the N.R.A. as well as your state rifle association! these are critical times for ALL gun owners. Be informed, be active and stay vigilant"

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:28 pm

very nice deer. Im going to be buying a lock for my cuddeback this friday so ill be postin pics soon.. I hope theres some like that. Good luck with those bucks.
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

Return to General Discussions