Sunday Hunting ???

joaxe

Re: Sunday Hunting ???

Postby joaxe » Fri May 06, 2011 8:40 am

Whether or not PA allows Sunday hunting is up to the state legislature NOT the PGC. If PA hunters want Sunday hunting, all we need to do is get our state politicians to vote for it. Easier said than done, though... :x

Joe
"Eins, Zwei, Zuffa!"

Mathews Switchback XT 28" DL
MBG Radiant, Whisker Biscuit, String Splitter
Strikers/Tricks/Blazers, Aero Hunter and World's Best Strings

danesdad

Postby danesdad » Sun May 15, 2011 8:03 pm

The legislature can change the law to allow the PGC discretion on allowing it.
Hunting: 10% skill and 90% location.

bmstaaf

Postby bmstaaf » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:17 am

Well today is the voting day on Sunday hunting..the article I read explained economically how it would benefits pa as a state...I like the new approach it is almost as bad as the reasonings..So my cow can graze, or I can ride my horse in peace, give me a break.. hope it passes..

bmstaaf

Postby bmstaaf » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:32 am

Works both ways I've seen horses riding on private land they don't own during rifle...I hope it passes today at the meeting..

bmstaaf

Postby bmstaaf » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:27 am

THe first of three meetings is complete, I thought it was funny that they mentioned you can hunt numerous animals on Sundays already... they don't want hunters knocking on their doors on Sunday, give me abreak. there are seasons open you have just as good of a chance shooting someone coyote hunting than deer. In reality it seems to me as if basically only 2 Sundays of the year are being questioned rifle season... they mentioned survey results in 2005 declining Sunday hunting, well license prices went up time is a restraint weekend hunters are quiting... get people back into the sport..

ajkremer22

Postby ajkremer22 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:44 pm

bmstaaf

Can you post a link to whatever site you are getting your info from. I would absolutly love to see Sunday hunting allowed.

Thanks
Andy

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:54 pm

My take is this on Sunday hunting...Life is short, hunting season is even shorter. With the busy everyday live’s of people, work, families, etc...Hunters are unable to get out as much as they would like. Hunters usually only have less than 100 days of hunting season. Given a hunter works an 8-5 full time job doesn’t leave much time for one to get out and enjoy the outdoors. By not allowing one to hunt on Sundays really messes with their hunting. One gets two days off and cant hunt one of the two takes that doesn’t leave them for much time to hunt.. Give them a bow and arrow, a gun and a sling and let them hunt already!
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

bmstaaf

Postby bmstaaf » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:23 pm

Kremer I found the information in my local news paper you can Google Sunday hunting June 8th results and find numerous articles... it will be interesting to see what happens...the biggest problem we have here is hunters not speaking opinions relating to the subject..as hunters we have to fight for this..most of the groups fighting against Sunday hunting are animal activists and the farmers association...as an avid hunter I think we need to uprise above them, after all we are the hunters..

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:42 pm

Many years ago Ohio had no hunting on Sundays and I always wished that they did, but didn't give it much thought. At some point the state opened hunting on private land with so many acres, then changed it to statewide. Now, I could not imagine NOT hunting on Sunday. I feel bad for working hunters being able to only hunt one day per week without having to take a day off from work.
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

Jldombach

Postby Jldombach » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:14 pm

Just letting everyone know that HB 1760 as been introduced to the state legislature. This is the bill to repeal the ban on Sunday hunting. I've contacted my Rep. and i urge you all to do the same. This is the time for hunters to speak up because at this time the farmers assoc. is against it and they are a very influential lobby.

PreviousNext

Return to Pennsylvania