What kind of hunter steals another persons trail camers?????????????

pickleguy

RE: What kind of hunter steals another persons trail camers?????????????

Postby pickleguy » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:26 pm

I have found that it doesn't matter what you do if there is a low life out there he will steal or destroy your stuff. I had a camera stolen so I made a theft proof mount so since they couldn't get it off the tree they shot it. They also stole two tripod stands & one hang on stand all in the same year. By the time you buy one of the chips that have been disscussed you have the price of another camera stuck into it. I have found out that locks only keep honest people from stealing.
I do have a couple old broken cameras that I was thinking of using as bait & mount a working IR camera way above to get a picture of the theif!
�If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.It is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:06 pm

A bait camera is a great idea.
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

2tonyb

Postby 2tonyb » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:43 pm

I had two cameras stolen last fall.  I think I know who, but can't prove it.  Their time will come and it will be costly.  Patience.

I've already shared this in another thread, but it's worth the repeat.... On a brighter note, the two goofballs pictured below stole my son's blind, but fortunately didn't see my cam that wasn't too far away.  My friend's daughter was able to identify them.  Using Facebook, I confirmed the names with the faces.  Technology can be a wonderful thing.  Enjoy the pic...I did!!!

freak nasty 145

Postby freak nasty 145 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:44 pm

People who do this are discusting!! No respect for nothing. Punks!!
"Any sportsman who can kill his deer without the tingling spine, the quick clutch at his heart, the delicious trembling of nerve fibers when the game is finally down, has no place in the deer woods." Lawrence R. Koller. (1948).

dwarneroutdoors

Re: What kind of hunter steals another persons trail camers

Postby dwarneroutdoors » Fri May 20, 2011 8:16 am

I'm a writer working on a story about preventing treestand and trail camera theft. I'd love to talk with some of you who have had your stands or cameras stolen. Please email me at dwarneroutdoors@gmail.com.

Thanks.

Darren

bmstaaf

Postby bmstaaf » Fri May 20, 2011 11:11 am

I have never had anything stolen from me until yesterday... went to check my pictures and do turkey hunting after that get to my location and my brand new wildgame innovations 6.0mp ir was gone...it made me so mad, didn't end up turkey hunting just left...I can't even point fingers cause it makes me more pissed off.. I calmly walked to all of the neighbors and explained to them what happened and said I am not blaming anyone but if they hear anything let me know.. sucks bad I will have to say but there is nothing I can do other then attempt to monitor the land better I guess... I will be placing two cameras in each location one to get deer pics and the other to get assholes aka (thieves)

charlie 01

Postby charlie 01 » Fri May 20, 2011 11:24 pm

I use the cuddeback bear proof metal box. Then bolt on a hefty metal bar to the back of it as pictured. I put a chain at top bar and wrap the chain around the tree and "X" it and bring it back and catch the lower bar, make sure it's tight and pad lock it. Use another lock for the camera box. Sure, as some have said, if someone wants it, they will figure a way. I'm just not going to make it easy. I try to check cam as often as I can and if I get people pics the cam gets moved. Most likely they are not going to have heavy duty tools with them at initial find. But anticipating their return, it's moved. Sometimes I'll wait a few days before placing it somewhere again. With the bungy cord, I sometimes cut some small leafy braches to futher camo the box.
Attachments
P1010393.jpg
P1010393.jpg (104.06 KiB) Viewed 2713 times
Img_1513.jpg
Img_1513.jpg (56.06 KiB) Viewed 2713 times
Img_1511.jpg
Img_1511.jpg (54.33 KiB) Viewed 2713 times
never say never
patience is the companion of wisdom

charlie 01

Postby charlie 01 » Fri May 20, 2011 11:50 pm

One more pic of locked bear proof box.

I put a small out crop on top to keep snow from building up and covering the lense opening.
Attachments
P1010395.jpg
P1010395.jpg (97.65 KiB) Viewed 2712 times
never say never
patience is the companion of wisdom

kellory

Postby kellory » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:32 pm

I have never owned a trail camera, but we did have a problem with tresspassing thieves. Kids breaking into our cabin to drink and screw. Stole some long guns and some gear. I put up a dummy sattalite dish, a small qismo box that blinked and hummed, and an electro magnet holding a sign to the ceiling (powered by a solar cell and a couple of rechargable lantern batteries. Cabin door opens, it breaks a relay, sign drops, a series of flash bulbs go off, and the gismo box starts humming and blinking. Sign reads " Congratulations asshole! Your image is being sent to the state and local police! Have a nice day!" Never had a problem since. The guns showed back up outside the cabin later.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

whiteoak1

Postby whiteoak1 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:20 pm

Low life people, I had a nice Leaf River camera stolen a few years ago.

PreviousNext

Return to Scouting Cameras