What No Crossbow Hunters?

Tim50

Re: What No Crossbow Hunters?

Postby Tim50 » Sat May 21, 2011 10:57 am

retch sweeny wrote:As a crossbow owner of almost 30 years (3 diff models in that time) I can tell you that its because of the shorter power stroke that crossbows get the speeds they get with weight 3 times that of compounds. That however is changing. Look at the PSE TAC 15 and you will see speeds in excess of 400 FPS with a 17 ¼ power stroke and KE of 160 foot pounds (double that of vert. bows and using a 425 grain bolt and a peak weight of 170 pounds.

http://www.pse-archery.com/products/pro ... 0.0?pp=12&

The Bowtech Strikeforce is producing speeds of 400 FPS at 190 pounds of draw with a 15 inch power stroke and producing 142 ft/lbs of KE.

http://www.strykerxbow.com/#/productBre ... ducts&i=35

These crossbow will be low grade toys in just a few years when they are replaced with more feature rich and powerful and faster versions.

Much like my Bear Whitetail Hunter I & II and my state of the art PSE Mach Flite IV with the overdraw & Trebark camo are low grade toys in the compound community today??...As technology changes so will the compounds/crossbows..What you failed to tell us is the crossbow is still a short range weapon. That the crossbow even with it's higher inital fps it sheds it's energy much faster than the longer compound arrows. And in head to head competitions the compound bow regularly out performs the crossbow. At bowhunting ranges the deer will NEVER be able to tell the difference between the crossbow or compound! That is left up to tha anti crossbow community and it's flag bearers like yourself...Retch Sweeney-Rancid Crabtree-Xranger-Archer. You also forgot to mention that in no state that has crossbow inclusion has it negitativly effected the resource nor has one second of hunters time afield been restricted. In other words the only impact the crossbow has had is on the selfish ego's of "supposed" fellow hunters!! It's a "social issue"!!

How about ths Mathews getting 350fps?? This is NOT your fathers compound!! Technology has hit the "for profit" compound industry as well!!

http://mathewsinc.com/product/safari/#specs

Retch Sweeney-Rancid Crabtree-Xranger-Archer...your making this WAT TOO EASY any more!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

kellory

Re: What No Crossbow Hunters?

Postby kellory » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:39 pm

Wanderer, even if the speed of the arrow and the speed of the bolt are the same, would you rather get hit by a motorcycle traveling 60, or a simi traveling 60? It is all in the amount of damage when they hit. The higher weight has a much better followthrough. most shots are through and through, so no arrow to block the blood trail, two exits, and more damage from hole to hole. I use barnett demon 150lb, with silver strike mechanicals. Rage is a very good razorhead, but three times the price.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Previous

Return to Crossbows