New Forum FAQ

If you used our old forum, please read this ...
Ben Sobieck

New Forum FAQ

Postby Ben Sobieck » Thu May 05, 2011 11:53 am

• Why can't I log in?

Every member of the forum who joined before May 3, 2011, needs to reset their password. Go here to do that:

http://www.deeranddeerhunting.com/login ... stpassword

Your new username/password will work on both our new website and our forum.

• OK, I reset my password. But the e-mail from the forum didn't go to my e-mail.

You may have reset the e-mail attached to your account recently. This information may have been lost in the transition. Try accessing your older e-mail.

• How do I register as a new member?

If you are new to our website and also haven’t used our forum, you will need to register first. You only need to register once; this will also become your forum username/password.

Go here to register:

http://www.deeranddeerhunting.com/login?action=register

Also please note that this will give you a username and password for our new website also, at http://www.deeranddeerhunting.com.

• What happened to my posts?

Unfortunately, some posts were lost in the transition to the new forum.

• Why does it say I last logged in many months ago?

This is also an unfortunate side effect of moving to the new forum.

• What happened to my avatar?

That may also have been lost in the transition. Reset your image in your profile.

Note: Pro Staffers with missing Pro Staff avatars should contact Ben.Sobieck@fwmedia.com.

• I don't like the new font size. Can I change it?

Yes. In the upper right, you'll see an A with arrows on either side of it. Clicking that will adjust the font size.

• Why did you move the forum? I liked the old one.

Change can be a temporary nuisance, especially on a forum you've come to call home. But it was time for an upgrade. On May 5, 2011, Deer & Deer Hunting launched a new website, enhanced its blogs and moved to a new forum platform. These changes were made in response to the features you've requested over the years. In all cases, we put the user experience first.

However, just as with any website transition, that meant a few bumps in the road.

• I have more questions. Who can I contact?

There's a more comprehensive FAQ here: deeranddeerhunting.com/forum/faq.php

Please direct all questions to the forum administrator, Ben Sobieck, at Ben.Sobieck@fwmedia.com.

Ohio farms

Re: New Forum FAQ

Postby Ohio farms » Tue May 24, 2011 5:32 am

I think that sums it up in a nutshell.
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

charlie 01

Postby charlie 01 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:58 pm

Hey Ben, what's the secret to opening up the images with the red "X". Is it just me? Is anybody else haveing problems with this? I have tried several and get no reaction. Help.
never say never
patience is the companion of wisdom

charlie 01

Postby charlie 01 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:59 pm

Ben, what are the symbols, or what do they mean, that preceed the title of each post. Some are circles of different color. Some have moving lines. Some have different shapes. Please explain.

Also I cannot open pictures that are marked " images".What gives on that?
never say never
patience is the companion of wisdom

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:32 pm

That was my question a few weeks ago...never got an answer. Hope you have better luck.
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

DEERBILL

Postby DEERBILL » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:13 am

How do I update my profile? I am trying to add my old avatar. I can't seem to find the update tool. I need some time to learn the new forum format :x :?

DEERBILL

Postby DEERBILL » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:22 am

Ok. I found where to edit my profile. Now how do I resize my avatar?

Everyday Hunter

Postby Everyday Hunter » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:10 am

DEERBILL wrote:Ok. I found where to edit my profile. Now how do I resize my avatar?

I don't think you can resize an avatar here on the D&DH site. I recommend using a photo program. There are many. If you don't have one on your computer, download the one called Irfanview (pronounced "ear-fen-view". It has been around for a long time, and it's as good a free photo manipulation program as you'll find. (Its logo looks like a bloody road-killed cat wearing a black mask.) I've been using Irfanview for years. It supports lots of file formats.

Here's a link for a free download: Irfanview.com. Once it's installed, it will have a tab called "image" at the top. On that menu, there is a resize/resample option.

My avatar is 125px X 125px. Others vary but they're all similar in size. They don't have to be square. Ben's is 100 X 129.

Good luck. Hope that helps.

Steve
When the Everyday Hunter isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

DEERBILL

Postby DEERBILL » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:22 am

Thanks Everyday Hunter. I was able to resize the pic 90x90. However, I now get a note saying the pic is to large (bite wize I think). Can you help with that?
Thanks

Nwest

Postby Nwest » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:37 pm

Just logged on for the first time in a long time. I reset my password, so that is taken care of. I can't see most of the pictures and I found where to edit my profile, but I don't see where I can add an image/avatar. Any ideas? It looks like these are common questions, hopefully someone stumbles across this and can help me out.

Next

Return to NEW FORUM FAQ