2011 Roll Call

DeanoZ

RE: 2011 Roll Call

Postby DeanoZ » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:28 pm

I know dude...I'm going to go regardless and make the call when I get there.  if you decide to go let me know what time your going to be there so we can meet up.

DeanoZ

Postby DeanoZ » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:45 pm

Soxfan I'm out...just got back from taking the wife to Urgent Care and she has Pink Eye, so I'm on kid watch for the next few days!  Oh well..i guess it was not in the cards for this season.  On to Turkey Hunting!!  Good luck if you go out tomorrow!

boopie8166

Postby boopie8166 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:12 pm

kon im back haha house is done WIFE is happy I MISSED THE TALK THIS YEAR . any way how did all our jersey hunters do? did you guys ever get together for that beer? if so i missed out sorry buddy i know we all talk about it .last time we talked you were happy about tommy setting up your new bow.How did you do this year? Been reading some posts about crossbows ; still up in the air about that one ; sure it will get some replies on that subject. Any way i hope you and your family are doing well , talk to you soon , Charlie
IN MY WORLD FASTER IS BETTER

DEERBILL

Postby DEERBILL » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:39 am

Well I have to say I did not do as well as I would of liked too. I had plenty of opportunities. I did do better in West Virginia, a nice 7 pt. I definitely grown as a hunter. A little more chosey. I don't neccessarily need to shoot a deer. It's about the experience. Trying new means of hunting. I tried a crossbow. It was different & fun. I didn't connect, need more practice. I like to mix it up a bit. Still experimenting. Its all about getting in the woods and forgetting about the rat race for a while. However your style, just be greatfull you have the opportunity to hunt. Some people aren't as fortunate for various reasons. One thing I do know I enjoy being part of this forum.

DEERBILL

Re: 2011 Roll Call

Postby DEERBILL » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:44 am

Testing the new site. Don't know if I like the new format. May just have to get used to it.
Have a safe summer

DeanoZ

Postby DeanoZ » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:58 pm

Well my fellow Jersey hunters, the early season is underway, so post your successes (or in my case failures, lol). Opening day I had the perfect shot opportunity on a nice doe. Settled my pin , squeezed slowly and thought I put the smackdown on that doe. I get down off stand a short while to look for blood...no blood, no hair, no arrow...and no deer! My best guess is I dropped y arm and picked up my head to follow the shot and it went under her, hit a branch and deflected into the next county! :roll: Oh well, guess its better it went down like that rather than a questionable shot. How you all making out?

soxfan

Postby soxfan » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:24 pm

Sorry to hear about your miss, but you gotta like the fact you got a shot already! Rayningblood and I went out on monday. Mosquitos were all over us like a blood donor session!! I was smacking a mosquito on my face when I spooked a nice doe that had walked into about 25 yrds. I never saw her and it was wet so I didnt hear her till she took off. Later on I got winded from behind.... Sooooo first day out resulted in seeing 2 doe and getting about 50 mosquito bits and losing a pint of blood to the little suckers! Will be out again this Saturday evening (after sons soccer game), cooler temps will make it alot nicer. Well good luck (to all!!!) and keep everyone posted.

DeanoZ

Postby DeanoZ » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:57 am

Yeah I hear ya Soxfan, I had the thermacell so I was good. Temps dropped so I'll be in the stand this afternoon to finish what I missed last week! Good luck to you and Rayningblood this weekend, should be perfect weather. Are you guys hunting Ramenessin this year? Either way I'm determined this year that we get together...so lets lay out a plan and see if we can't make it happen!

soxfan

Postby soxfan » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:18 am

Well Rayningblood came thru Saturday night. He smacked a nice doe at 30 yards. She did make it hard to find tho. She only went about 40 yards but some how got herself hidden under some logs and tree limbs that had fallen. I actually walked past her twice before Rayningblood spotted her. Perfect shot too. Quartering away, right behind frond left leg and right thru front right leg on exit. Nice shot pal!!!

DeanoZ

Postby DeanoZ » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:54 pm

Awesome! Way to go Rayningblood! Went out yesterday morning and had a nice 6 point put on a good show for a half hour.q..had I taken my doe already I'd of tagged out for the season. Unfortunately no does showed up, but I'll be back out there again on Sunday. Good luck guys!

PreviousNext

Return to New Jersey