Best TrailCam?

ukbballfan

RE: Best TrailCam?

Postby ukbballfan » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:37 am

I have a Cuddeback and a Stealth Cam.  Stealth Cam is cool because it gives you the temperature and moon phase of each photo, however it doesn't take pictures as quick as the Cuddeback.  I have the Cuddeback no-flash which allows night videos.  This is my second Cuddeback.  The other went bad after three years.  I think last summer's high heat did it in.  Cuddeback allowed me to send it in and upgrade to the no-flash version for a discounted price.  A representative from Cuddeback told me that a software package will soon be available on their website to allow for moon and temperature phase as well.  Cuddeback is great on batteries.  For my Stealth I have the external battery pack.  It was fifty dollars and well worth it.  If you run your camera all the time you will save a fortune in batteries.  Avoid any camera with film.  Moultrie may have improved a lot, but my first camera was a Moultrie (six years ago I think) and it was horrible!!!!

FFKEVIN

Postby FFKEVIN » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:46 am

Bobcat -

Check out http://www.chasingame.com/ 

They review EVERY trail camera and have a ton of info on them.

Kevin

gunther89

Postby gunther89 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:46 am

I have a wildview extreme 4 and it seems good for the price.  The picture quality is great and the battery life seems good as long as the temperature is warm.  The only problem as with many others is that the trigger speed is kinda slow.  You have to face it at a slight angle on the trial or have them stop by your camera.  Otherwise its a good camera.

gard73

Postby gard73 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:00 pm

I just picked up a wildview digital up at wal-mart. $35.00 yeah that just 35. Havent got pics of it yet but as long as i can see whats going by Im good.  That and it beats 100 to 600 hundred that some cost.

bigwisconsinbucks

Postby bigwisconsinbucks » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:59 pm

Ranwin33- What do you consider good battery life on your Wildview. I also have a Wildview and I can only get 3 weeks worth of battey life. Also, has anyone had problem with the flash on their Wildview? I have had 3 Wildviews and the flash has went out on all of them. However, they do have good customer service and have sent me a new one for no charge each time.  Besides the flash problem I have no complaints about Wildview. The pictures are very detailed and the camera is easy to set up and works well.
Kyle

gard73

Postby gard73 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:23 pm

I got 5 weeks of battery life on my 35mm wildview on 8 AA batteries. Actually they made it 6 weeks but the batteries needed changed before the end of the roll the last couple pic were split and it didn't rewind the film when it was full.

passin through

Postby passin through » Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:08 pm

Cuddeback and don't look Back![:D]
After playing with several different ones over the years I have come to believe the old adage about you get what you pay for.
I have the Expert but I want to get one of the new ones called "Capture"  They are coming in now at 200 or less and the trigger time is 2x as fast as any previous model.  Also they use the cheaper and easier to find SD cards.

They're all good enough, but the only camera I would not reccommend is leafriver...I have one of the infareds and it stands up in my opinion about as high as Tiger Woods being an NFL player would be ranked....Not very[:-]

Also I look for them to phase out the Exite this year probably after season they sold for 299 last year and now everybody is running them at 239....eventually I think they'll consolidate the line to get rid of the ones using the compact flash like mine....either that or re-engineer

remington_270

Postby remington_270 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:15 am

Cabelas has a "Wildview" 2 pack on sale right now for $90 after rebate.  i got 2 last year and love them. 

put them out 6 weeks ago and have got over 1000 pics and videos already

schlupis

Postby schlupis » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:17 pm

I have 2 different kinds and like them both the cuddyback takes color pics by day which is cool and bw at night.

The Recon Talon is bw day and night seems to take a little nicer pics the recon has like 4 different modles ranging from 499 to 199 so you can get exactly what you want. The Recon are all no flash cameras...

dtrain56

Postby dtrain56 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:34 am

I have a few steath cams, they work great, they are the older version, just 3 mega pixel but good enough for seeing game, like being able to take card out and look at them on the lap top

also have had no problem with flash, as you can see from my PA buck post the deer don't care about flash in PA anyway...i have at least 8-10 photos of the same buck some at night some during the day...the flash doesn't seem to spook anything

i have hundreds of pics of different deer with the cameras, they last a month on regular batteries..winter..about two weeks..

PreviousNext

Return to Scouting Cameras