Deer numbers up?

mag30079

Deer numbers up?

Postby mag30079 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:13 am

I hunt mostly in southern Michigan, and have talk to some of the locals and they said they have never seen so many deer before this year. We had a hard winter, so .....? I was talking with a friend that hunts east of me and he thinks maybe the deer migrated. What has anyone else seen? When I say a lot of deer, I'm talking herds of 30 to 40 deer.
I can't wait till October.
The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind. "Fred Bear"

DeerCamp

Re: Deer numbers up?

Postby DeerCamp » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:03 pm

Well Mags, I can say I have seen normal size herds where I’m at " Mid Michigan Area." I have noticed a few things though, One being that I have been seeing A LOT of these deer during mid-day hours when it is super hot out, I’m talking 80 + out. Another thing I’ve notice, that I’m not happy about is the number of deer I have seen on the side of the road dead. Even today, my Father mentioned to me that there were a lot of road kills.. Are there a ton down there by you? Only 115 more days brother and we can all be at peace!
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

mag30079

Postby mag30079 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:06 am

Yeah, I have noticed more road kills too now that you mentioned it.
Maybe were seeing more deer during the day because of all the rain? Deer do feed before a storm.....
I still don't know where all these deer came from?
The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind. "Fred Bear"

DeerCamp

Postby DeerCamp » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:54 pm

Well Mags....I dont care where they came from as long as they are here to stay :D
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

largemouth19

Postby largemouth19 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:49 am

Yeah I was in the Weidman area last week and went to check to see if some of these storms had blown my ground blind away. While on my way to the stand on the four wheeler I saw countless deer and almost hit three of them. Then on the way back, taking the same route, there were more deer. They were all does and button bucks but this was way more than I have ever seen out there at one time. And this was at 3:00pm, so the middle of the day. I asked this question of some of my buddies, is it bad that my wedding is in less than three monthes and all I can think of is hunting? And seeing all those deer made it worse!

WiredToHunt

Postby WiredToHunt » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:04 pm

I've seen a good number of deer down here in the SE and SCentral parts of the state. But I wouldn't say I'm seeing more than usual.
Wired To Hunt
The Deer Hunting Blog for the Next Generation
http://www.wiredtohunt.com

Return to Michigan