Most forums anchor a tutorial at the top of one of the topics. I haven't looked for one here, but there are a couple of ways to do it. The number one thing you need is an image hosting site. There are three possibilities for a hosting site. The first method covers two of those hosting sites: First method:
1. The image hosting site can be (as in my case) your own website, or if you want to link to a photo posted somewhere else, consider that the hosting site such as photobucket.com or some similar site. That gives you the Internet address for the photo. For example, one of the gobblers I shot this year is hosted at my site at this address: http://www.everydayhunter.com/Hunting/2011Gobbler1.jpg
2. Once you've identified the photo you want to post (one that you're put on your site or on photobucket or one that's already online), you need a tag for it. A tag simply begins and ends with the information needed for your computer to locate the photo and display it. You get the tag by clicking on the handy IMG button at the top of the posting area. It will put this image tags into the text area.
3. Copy and paste the address of your photo (http://www.everydayhunter.com/Hunting/2011Gobbler1.jpg
) between [img]and[/img] (note that the second [/img] has the forward slash), so that the whole sequence would look like this: [img]address-of-your-photo[/img].
4. The address of your photo (in my case http://www.everydayhunter.com/Hunting/2011Gobbler1.jpg
) with the IMG tags predeeding it and following it tells everyone's computer to display this: Second method:
1. This method does not require a separate image hosting site; it uses the D&DH site as the image host. For that, you need to look below the text area and click on the shaded button that says "Upload attachment". By clicking on that, you get a place to upload a photo from your computer to the D&DH website.
2. Click on the "Browse..." button, which opens a window that lets you search for a photo you have on your own computer.
3. When you find the photo you want to upload from your computer to the D&DH site, click on it and then click on the button that says "Open". The location of the photo on your computer will display in the little box beside the "Browse..." button.
4. Then you simply click on the button that says "ADD THE FILE".
5. Now you have two choices. You can do nothing and there will simply be a clickable text that will let viewers click to see your photo, or you can click on the button that says "PLACE INLINE" and the photo will show up in your posting -- no one has to click anything, like this:
Click "PREVIEW" to make sure everything looks the way you want it to look, and then click "SUBMIT" and you're finished. Hope that helps. Now, everyone will note something I did wrong -- I posted a turkey photo on a deer site. Please forgive me -- it was for instructional purposes only!