This Even Outdoes Scent Lock/Block!

The latest news from Deer & Deer Hunting magazine!
Wanderer

Re: This Even Outdoes Scent Lock/Block!

Postby Wanderer » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:12 am

I just opened up the latest (June 2011) issue of Whitetail Journal. I've always considered this magazine to be the 2nd best pure deer hunting magazine (after Deer & Deer Hunting, of course) It's put out by Grand View Outdoors and I've been reading it and Hunt Club Journal for many years. Well, in this month's issue, a Dr. Dave Samuel wrote an article about the 4 coolest things he found at the ATA show in Indy this year. Nearly half the words in his article are singing the praises of the HECS "anti electronic emissions" clothing. And so it begins, a slew of newbie hunters will read this article, say "hey, he's a doctor! He must know what he's saying" , and rush right out to buy a suit. He even closed out with the statement "There is no question in my mind that deer can sense our electronic radiation and these materials work to prevent that" Pretty strong reccomendation for a man who claims he just stopped at their booth at the show. I wonder how many sets of clothing he got for writing that article? I'd also like to know what field his doctorate is in...Sales maybe?
Pardon me if I wait until these things show up in Cabela's Bargain Cave. If they show up there and they're cheaper than a regular tee shirt....maybe.

bmorris

Postby bmorris » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:39 am

It is so easy to test these products to see if they actually work.
There is a video on youtube that shows that the mixture of carbon and spraays are totally ineffective in stopping human odors from being released into the air, Sargent Maxwell and his blood hound were able to trail a human for a long distance despite the fact they were wearing scentlok(carbon) and had used a scent killing spray. Whats not to believe when you can see it with your own eyes.
He also tested the smoker.

LETS HAVE THIS NEW IDEA TESTED BY A BLOOD HOUND. THEY WILL NEVER SUBMIT TO SUCH A TEST. WHY NOT HAVE D&DH DO A PROGRAM WHERE ALL THESE SCENT PRODUCTS ARE ACTUALLY TESTED INSTEAD OF HAVING TO RELY ON ADVERTISING AND PAID ENDORSEMENTS ?

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:03 pm

"LETS HAVE THIS NEW IDEA TESTED BY A BLOOD HOUND. THEY WILL NEVER SUBMIT TO SUCH A TEST. WHY NOT HAVE D&DH DO A PROGRAM WHERE ALL THESE SCENT PRODUCTS ARE ACTUALLY TESTED INSTEAD OF HAVING TO RELY ON ADVERTISING AND PAID ENDORSEMENTS ?"

When the day comes that D&DH, or ANY other magazine for that matter, can charge enough for a subscription so that they don't have to rely on advertising, then you will see this type of article. To do so when you rely on advertising to make or break you then it'd be economic suicide.

My wife (who's into horses), suscribes to a horse journal that contains no commercial advertising for products. Just classified ads and the like for employment and such. They have articles of this nature for various horse products that they test every month, and it is VERY helpful. They compare products as far as performance and sturdiness are concerned as well as cost. Great info.

The tradeoff is that this is not a fancy high gloss paper type magazine with lots of color photos. But who cares if you're getting good information from it.
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

Wanderer

Postby Wanderer » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:47 pm

Woodsie,
I don't want to hijack this thread but I'd sure like to know which horse magazine you're referring to. I thought my wife got every damned horse magazine out there. Apparenttly she missed one. You've got my email

Everyday Hunter

Postby Everyday Hunter » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:27 am

Deer are really in trouble if coyotes ever get hold of this stuff! And, if electromagnetic detection is a sixth sense, it should work both defensively and offensively. Predators should be able to detect the electromagnetic energy put off by their prey.

Maybe critters could have a little receiver on their heads, something like a satellite dish. Predators would use it to them where the prey animals are. Prey animals could use it to warn them of predators sneaking up on them or lying in wait. Then we'd have a stand-off!

When will HECS start advertising in D&DH?

Steve
When the Everyday Hunter isn't hunting, he's thinking about hunting, talking about hunting, dreaming about hunting, writing about hunting, or wishing he were hunting.

El Conquistador

Postby El Conquistador » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:38 am

I think I'll invent a magnetic bracelet for bow hunting & take it to the ATA next year.

Previous

Return to Breaking News