Where's my Buck's??

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
JOEL

RE: Where's my Buck's??

Postby JOEL » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:39 pm

make sure it aint poisen ivy before ya go yanking it
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." - Fred Bear

EatDeer

Postby EatDeer » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:25 pm

I have lots of iron vine in my timber, but your vines look different. I always take pic's of questionable flora, then  post them on the QDMA forums. Those men can tell you what just about anything is from a few pic's. Recently, I identified some bitter sweet on my property, very nasty stuff if you let it grow. 
"Let a young buck go, so he can grow."

shadow

Postby shadow » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:27 pm

Its not poison ivy. 
I will if I remember, take some pictures of the vines and post them on the QDMA site to see if anyone can identify it.
The vines are only in that one area, probably 30 yard by 30 yard area. There is alot of wild grapes there but I don't know, I have never seen grape vines that thick.

Knockdown

Postby Knockdown » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:21 am

I also have a "doe area" like you have described. I only see 1 buck and maybe a yearling buck or two all year, while I have seen as many as 11 does in one area  40 by 30. Around mid-october though I will get a couple of bucks ive never seen and one really nice one that comes back every year. Dont give up on this location yet.

otwitw

Postby otwitw » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:22 am

When i had that problem it was because i simply had the camera on the wrong trail.
Now im not for sure this is your problem, but what i did was just looked arond a little more an found another trail close by. From my trail cam experience there are doe trails and buck trails. The buck trails may not be as well worn. I just kept moving the camera until i found the right trail. Also when i did this i checked it every 5 days until i found the right trail. Hope this helps!!!

Keep in mind stay scent free as possible if you try this method
->>>----------->

vambo991

Postby vambo991 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:46 pm

Dont worry, stay with the does... If you have enough food to keep the does there until November, well then,  your bucks will find them sooner or later...

vambo991

Postby vambo991 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:49 pm

Knockdown, sounds like you've got a sweet fawning area.

Knockdown

Postby Knockdown » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:06 pm

Yes it is. I have two does that throw twins almost every year and they stick together in a group year to year. Havent seen this years results yet. May I note that only 5 of the does will stay year round. Im not sure where the others come from.

Previous

Return to General Discussions