Gun hunters being kicked around by archery hunters...again!

Bob Stout

Gun hunters being kicked around by archery hunters...again!

Postby Bob Stout » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:16 am

The gun deer hunters did not want archery hunting to take place during the traditional nine day deer gun season however there was nothing they could do to stop it. Nada, nothing...vote until you're blue in the face, it does NOT matter. You guys could NOT stop archery season from moving into the 9 day gun season, PERIOD!

Are you guys ready for round two that you can NOT stop no way no how? Well, brace yourselves because the archery hunters are giving it too you AGAIN!!! The archery hunters know that if crossbows become legal during archery season that most of the guys toting crossbows will be gun hunters. The archery hunters do NOT want gun hunters in the archery season, period.

The archery hunters are getting crossbows placed into the gun season and gun hunters can't stop it!!!

That's right! You guys couldn't stop archery hunters from getting into the gun season and now you're going to let archery hunters place crossbows into the gun season too. I can hear the archery hunters snickering already.

Move to get archery hunting in its entirety OUT of gun season and ALL archery equipment into archery season including crossbows.

The gun season IS going to be sharing their 9 days with recurve bows, long bows, compound bows and crossbows very soon unless you do something (other than vote) right now! Call your legislators and get this whole mess turned around. Tell them NO archery equipment during any gun season, period.

Put all archery hunting equipment back into the archery season....if you can!!!

retch sweeny

Re: Gun hunters being kicked around by archery hunters...aga

Postby retch sweeny » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:07 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Less guns in the gun season...... This ranks pretty high on the dumb things few will care about list.

I talk to A LOT of deer hunter both gun and bow and 2 season hunters. I have yet to find a gun opposed. All of them say:

“You mean some guy is going to put down his gun and hunt with a bow instead during the gun season? What, is he nuts??? That means he is far less likely to kill that deer I have my eyes on. I wish more folks would put their guns away.”

When it comes to ginning up the troops Bob, you leave a lot to be desired. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh and by the way, the idea of keeping bowhunting open during the gun deer season comes from the hunters via the CC spring hearings over many years of positive support. It was then adopted as the right thing to do by the Conservation Congress itself and then the DNR and finally the NRB. "Bowhunters" did not fight this battle or make the push for this but then you already knew that. :roll:

Boy, if I could only convince all the neighbors to leave their guns at home during the gun deer season and get them to hunt with a bow instead, that would be sweet. Here's to people downgrading their killing potential. It will help the herd rebound faster.

Thanks for the speech braveheart. :lol:

For your next big exposé, you could take up the cause for the “Take-a-penny-leave-a-penny” cups at the gas station. I hear bowhunters want to take that away from gun hunters and make it so only bowhunters can use those pennies. :lol: :lol:

Bob Stout

Postby Bob Stout » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:38 am

You'd have it made, retch if people were as dumb as YOU think they are. Wisconsin's deer hunters will come to realize and understand what you and your club are ultimately doing to deer hunting in the state of Wisconsin.

retch sweeny

Postby retch sweeny » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:04 pm

Bob, your quest to misrepresent things is very transparent (but then you already know that) So that the good readers will understand your so full of B.S., your eyes are brown, I will again post the details. The reason bowhunting during the gun deer season will be allowed has nothing to do with bowhunters (the folks you dont like). I will break it down for you again so that you will know how this happened.

Its clear that some here are under the false impression that “Bowhunters” or WBH or some form of organized bowhunter effort was behind this change to allow bowhunting during the gun deer season and nothing could be further from the truth. This change comes to you courtesy of the people. That’s right, this comes to you from that time honored institution known as the Conservation Congress (and more specifically a few of the top leaders) and then the DNR and finally the new NRB so to claim this was done by “The Bowhunters” or WBH or any of its leaders is (I’m sorry to have to say it) pure ignorance.

It started as a citizen resolution via the CC and came back year after year and while I was on the EAB alternative committee, this was to be implemented because of the repeated CC resolutions. When the EAB rules package was pulled by Matt Frank, in 09, the CC (not the WBH) asked the NRB to keep the portion that allowed bowhunting during the gun season. The NRB refused saying the rule was pulled so that means no part of the rule should be implemented.

After the NRB rejected the concept, the congress (more accurately a certain leader within the congress) again ramped up the push for this. Because I attend many of the meetings of the big game committee. I have the opportunity to wittness these things first hand. My comments alone will not satisfy some here so I have provided a link to the CC minutes where you will read this: on page 3:

”NRB response to WCC request to open the archery season during the 9 – day gun hunt.

Al Phelan discussed noting this request passed through the Congress process three times. Ed Harvey asked the Board to put on this springs questionnaire. The DNR Board voted 4 to 3 against putting on the questionnaire. It was pointed out the DNR Department did support this Congress request. A committee discussion was held on various ways to address this issue A motion was made by Rob Bohmann & second by Marlin Laidlaw to send back to the Department’s Rules Committee & also to introduce from the floor on Saturday of this year’s Annual Convention in May 2010. Motion passed unanimously.”

Here is the link:

http://www.dnr.state.wi.us/org/nrboard/ ... 010%20.pdf

What is not reflected in the minutes was a comment that was made about how if the NRB would not allow bowhunting during the gun season, it could simply be taken to a legislator to write a bill to make this change. GASP!! The horror

This spring, the DNR again made the recommendation to the NRB (endorsed by the CC) to allow archery hunting to remain open during the gun deer season. With the most anti bowhunting members of the NRB replaced with 3 new members, the concept passed and the complaining by a few here could begin because they falsely think "Bowhunters" or the WBH was behind this change.

So as you can see, to oppose this idea is to oppose “the process”, citizen resolutions, the CC, the DNR and the NRB. This is the very “process” so many want to govern every hunting rule and yet now that it has gone full circle you complain about it. I find that funny. At the same time you won’t find “bowhunters” or WBH fingerprints on this change.

So, your assertion that bowhunters are somehow screwing gun hunters is without merit. I hope this again helps correct the erroneous view you hold of how this happened and who you incorrectly want to blame for this change. Sorry to keep throwing cold water on the phoney fires you hope to start. ;)

retch sweeny

Postby retch sweeny » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:07 pm

Aint it great that all this is documented within the CC, DNR and NRB and at the fingertips of anybody that wants to know the truth from the BS you hope to spread? What about that take-a-penny scandal Bob? Get on that.

Bob Stout

Postby Bob Stout » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:28 pm

If my words lacked truth, they wouldn't be making you nervous. We'll see which direction this goes. My guess is towards placing crossbows in the gun season. We (along with everyone else) will see who was correct soon enough.

retch sweeny

Postby retch sweeny » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:37 pm

I don’t think nervous is the word I would use. “Eager” is more like it. I love it when BS is posted on these interweb machines. (especially the false panic and hyperbole types) because I get to set the record straight and talk the offending poster off the ledge with facts and data and info directly from the sources (something the wolf-crying panicer fails to do). I owe you a debt for making this so easy and for continuing to provide a format to inform the good readers so thanks for that. ;)

Yes, there are changes coming. The bill is perhaps the best worded bill I have ever seen. The guy who took the time to put this thing together was a freaking genius. Every detail was covered perfectly. All the wording and definitions were clearly painstakingly laid out by a guy with a real eye for detail and with his mind set on the future of hunting in WI. I think this bill is suitable for framing. :D

Dan Salmon

Postby Dan Salmon » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:43 pm

Bob, why don't you and Timmy just run along now? This is like turning on the Looney Tunes on a Saturday morning, someone should have taken a left at Albuquerque!

Bob Stout

Postby Bob Stout » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:16 am

Dan Salmon wrote:Bob, why don't you and Timmy just run along now? This is like turning on the Looney Tunes on a Saturday morning, someone should have taken a left at Albuquerque!

Thanks for the high quality and constructive criticism, Dan. You and retch make a dandy pair!

Getting back on topic...again...retch has been kind enough to let us ALL know this has been coming along with his use of rhetoric and innuendo. His group has been working diligently behind the scenes to get the language of the law changed so that it will prolong full inclusion of crossbows into the archery season. By getting crossbows classified as a "superior" weapon (which they're not) they can get placed into the gun season using the so-called "lesser weapons" condition. This has been done before in other states by the same groups (archery clubs belonging to state orgs). It slows down full inclusion but it will not stop it or make crossbows go away.

The group retch represents is less than 3% of ALL of Wisconsin's archery hunters. That's right, less than 3 percent. Listening to retch you'd almost get the impression he was attempting to speak for ALL of Wisconsin's archery hunters. He does not!

So they're going to change the language which defines what a bow & arrow is in an attempt to make crossbows look like they're NOT archery equipment. Less than three percent are pulling the strings behind the scenes and we're all suppose to just stand here and watch?

Get ready gun hunters, you're going to have crossbow hunters (actually ALL archery hunters) in YOUR season because less than 3 percent of all archery hunters do NOT want any more hunters (of any kind) in THEIR season.

retch sweeny

Postby retch sweeny » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:49 am

Seems Bob maintains his standing as grand master hyperbolist and all around B.S.’r. What he fails to mention (on purpose) is that hunter opposition to crossbows comes from the rank and file WI hunter as born out in several DNR mail in surveys to random folks that bought an archery deer license as well as several Conservation Congress spring hearings over many years where once again, the respondents were rank and file deer hunters. What do both of these have in common???

If WBH makes up only 3% of the bowhunting public, their impact in the Random DNR surveys and the CC hearings would be equally small meaning the bulk of the people opposed to full intrusion are your average Joe sportsmen and not some grand WBH juggernaut manipulating legislation like Ole Bob wants so desperately to misrepresent here. Thanks again Bob for the opportunity to debunk you BS and bogus hype and phony panic. You’re the best. :lol: :lol:

Please be sure and let us know when you have another phony, concocted tall tail your trying to sell. :D

Next

Return to Wisconsin