video games

What's the hunt looking like this year in your area? Share!
DeerCamp

video games

Postby DeerCamp » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:25 am

lol so ill be a nerd about this.. lol... anyhow i was watching tv and cabelas big game hunter video game came acorss. it looks real fun. i was wondering if there was such a game that was realistic, such as having to deal with poachers, state land near by, few deer, creating your own land on small amounts of acers, even neighbors who arnt doing qdm, and even checking up on "fake trail" cam pics.i was starting to think more like a fantasy season game.. does anyone know if there is such a game? i know its kinda nerdy but i really think this game would be fun to play during the off season and see how well you could produce qdm deer even through all the real life problems? if there isnt such a game, id pay top money to have it made and play it lol.
"If I pull the hammer and shoot this young buck, he's dead. But if I pass on him, the next hunter might not shoot so straight."

EatDeer

RE: video games

Postby EatDeer » Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:14 am

[blockquote]
There are many pc hunting games on the market. Sadly, the game makers haven't gone in depth for a real sim style hunting season. I wanted to check out the new "cableas trophy bucks" game. I'd like a game that you could set up your actual land in a created hunting/ management simulation. I think it would be a great pre-season tool for the actual season.   
[/blockquote]
"Let a young buck go, so he can grow."

bowtech21

Postby bowtech21 » Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:45 am

Haha...The closest game to what you want would probably be the game " Deer Hunter " for Playstation 2. I think it came out in 2005. I got it for christmas in 05' but i lost it and i havent even seen that game anywhere since then. If i could find it at any store i would definetly buy it. It's unlike the cabelas games where there are certain places you can't go and boundries you can't cross. It's free roaming, you can hunt out of any type of stand, plant food plots and watch them grow, and ALL the bucks are different. It's an awesome game. Look it up on the internet i'm sure you'll be able to order it or something.

bowtech21

Postby bowtech21 » Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:47 am

Oh yea i forgot, I wouldn't have a life if they came out with a game like the one you described DeerCamp lol...how awesome would that be!

EatDeer

Postby EatDeer » Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:54 pm

LOL, bowtech, thanks for the 1-up!
"Let a young buck go, so he can grow."

Return to General Discussions