Should I plan my hunting trip during a full moon ?

shawn

Should I plan my hunting trip during a full moon ?

Postby shawn » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:49 pm

I live in Southwest Ohio and am trying to decide when to take my vacation for the 2011 hunting season. I noticed on the D&DH rut callender that the second week of November will be a seeking phase of the rut. I also noticed it will be a full moon that week. Would it be wise to take that week off to hunt or should i wait until the following week ?

motorbreaker

Re: Should I plan my hunting trip during a full moon ?

Postby motorbreaker » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:17 am

The second week of November is my favorite time to hunt. moon or not I see more buck movement
during these dates. To me anytime between the end of oct. and the 18th of Nov. Are the best days to hunt.
Jake

bmstaaf

Postby bmstaaf » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:54 am

I second that motorbreaker...usually the big boys start hitting the dirt the last week of October into the first two or three weeks of November...I am your neighbouring state PA..

Ohio farms

Postby Ohio farms » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:31 am

I read somewhere last year that if you could pick one day during the rut, make it November 11th, moon or no moon. My buddy and I started all day hunts on the 9th and on the 11th I shot the my biggest buck. See how easy that was? I posted the picture under "Photos" if you want to see it. I know where I'll be this Nov 11th.
Keep life simple...if you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

jonny5buck

Postby jonny5buck » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:43 am

Im not in Ohio but the first week of Nov. is a good bet...i have noticed more daytime and mid-day movement during the full moon,than in the evening...even in October-..IMO ~full moon '''days'' are when to be sitting..all day..... when all the other hunters are back out of the woods-

Return to Ohio