Seeking Suggestions from Members

If you used our old forum, please read this ...
MSHunter

Re: Seeking Suggestions from Members

Postby MSHunter » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:51 pm

Charlie01,

Thank you. I don't know how I missed that.
"This is the world we are born into -- we should never let that slip away from us. May it never cease to stimulate, inspire and humble us." from Stalking & Still-Hunting: The Ground Hunter's Bible by G. Fred Asbell

buckhunter21

Postby buckhunter21 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:49 am

Wanderer wrote:It's me again Margaret,
When I went to the site this morning, I see that I was still logged in from yesterday. I opened "view new posts" and looked at one or two of the threads when my computer informed me that I had to restart due to some upgrades. OK . I logged off, ran the restart, and came back to the site where I again clicked "view new posts' and I got a "no items match" message. So what happened to the rest of that list that I didn't read on the first go round? Being a curious sort, I then clicked on "view unread posts" which had about 4 on it. Maybe these were what was in "new posts" before I logged off? I then went through the 4 posts and each one disappeared after I had read it and hit the back button. What if I wanted to respond to 2 of those 4 posts that I just read? Where do I find them now? In the old version of your site, I would click on "posts since last visit" and get a list of, lets say 30. I might skim through the 30, decide only 10 held real interest for me, and read those ten. I'd then go back and possibly respond to one or two of the ones that I just read if I had something to offer. If I do that now on the "unread" menu, the posts are gone. I'd have to respond to each in the order that I read it. Sometimes I get booted offline so when I'd go back later (on the old site) I could change my last visit time to 12 hours previous and get back that list of posts from overnight. The new site doesn't allow changing last visit times manually, does it?

Has this been updated yet.....I haven't noticed?! I agree this was a HUGE plus to the old forum. Now I have to ramble aimlessly through the forum which is one of the reasons why I haven't been on here all that much the past few months since the upgrade.....Well that and I've been extremely busy. On the old forum, I would usually go into that 'display posts from....' and then put in a date depending on how much time I had. This way I normally wouldn't missing anything. Would really like to have this back.

Is there a search function at all on this one? I haven't seen anything.
QDM!

kellory

Postby kellory » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:48 pm

I would highly reccomend a spam killer button. or a thread where we can drop spam handles for you to clear from the system. bbyhele is another spam handle with almost 400 spamposts today. Could you create a drop box for spam handles that would automaticly eliminate them, or at least bring them to your attenision? :x I know it's not you guys, but this spam is out of control. Maybe a spam toilet! we drop in spam handles, you review them to make sure they are spam, then FLUSH them entire from the system!
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Oakarver

Postby Oakarver » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:54 pm

I would suggest limiting new members/posters to 5 posts a day or something for maybe a week.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:19 pm

I think some kind of electric shock should be transmitted BACK to the spambots as they pig out on the band width. Let's start with 220 volts or so..........

I'd be willing to PAY for that!!! :twisted:
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

kellory

Postby kellory » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:34 pm

I know on Craig's List, they have a flag system that works on numbers. If half a dozen members flag it as spam it is pulled from the thread automaticly. you can repost if you want, but if it is marked as spam too many times, it goes to human review, and repeat offenders are permantly banned. It is logged by HTTP address and bans all handles from that address.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

Woods Walker

Postby Woods Walker » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:38 pm

That's a good idea. They sure as hell need to do something here, because it's getting way out of hand.
Hunt Hard,

Kill Swiftly,

Waste Nothing,

Offer No Apologies.....

>>>--------------------------------->
NRA Endowment Life Member

kellory

Postby kellory » Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:35 am

kellory wrote:I would highly reccomend a spam killer button. or a thread where we can drop spam handles for you to clear from the system. bbyhele is another spam handle with almost 400 spamposts today. Could you create a drop box for spam handles that would automaticly eliminate them, or at least bring them to your attenision? :x I know it's not you guys, but this spam is out of control. Maybe a spam toilet! we drop in spam handles, you review them to make sure they are spam, then FLUSH them entire from the system!

Powerspammers hit again last night. 26 pages of posts from "taparquettmodes" :x

Previous

Return to NEW FORUM FAQ