Needing Deer Meat

freak nasty 145

RE: Needing Deer Meat

Postby freak nasty 145 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:02 pm

Topper, i live in southwest ohio and i will be going out in the next two weeks. If i get one i'll give you a shout.
"Any sportsman who can kill his deer without the tingling spine, the quick clutch at his heart, the delicious trembling of nerve fibers when the game is finally down, has no place in the deer woods." Lawrence R. Koller. (1948).

Topper

Postby Topper » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:27 pm

freak nasty 145 -- thanks alot for thinking about us.  Southwest OH is doable.  I have friends and relatives in the Dayton area.  That drive would work great.  I'm here standing by.   If you don't mind....it would be great if you just call me when you get the deer.  My number is at the top of this thread.  Thanks....and good hunting. 

Topper

Postby Topper » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:07 am

Eagle....how are you doing?  Been out there?  Looks like a great weekend for tackin'...

Topper

Postby Topper » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:09 am

FN 145....A great weekend for the woods.......    I'm going out snowshoeing myself.....over the weekend.....

freak nasty 145

Postby freak nasty 145 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:35 am

topper, I posted a thread on the forum. Let me know if u got a deer. C-ya!
"Any sportsman who can kill his deer without the tingling spine, the quick clutch at his heart, the delicious trembling of nerve fibers when the game is finally down, has no place in the deer woods." Lawrence R. Koller. (1948).

dewey

Postby dewey » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:50 am

Hey Topper,

Another idea you may want to consider is to call a deer processor and ask them if they have any deer from people that did not come and pick it up/pay for it. I have a friend in Fargo/Moorhead that has this problem all the time. He asks me about every year if I want to buy some from him. Just a thought in case the Ohio guys don't get any for you.

Good luck.

Dewey
�Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.�

Mahatma Gandhi

Topper

Postby Topper » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:39 pm

Dewey,,,,  great idea...I have called several of them already to now avail.  But I may call again.... thanks for the help.

Topper

Postby Topper » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:40 pm

Eagle...you still alive and huntin ??  Haven't heard from ya.  

scottflesher

Re: Needing Deer Meat

Postby scottflesher » Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:25 pm

topper, i'd be glad to shoot a few does for you this november. I hunt around zanesville so it would be a couple hours for you. Keep reading yoru email and if we have a good doe harvest, we'll give you all we can.
Shooting does is fun and necessary and given the economy, i'm sure there are many people who will gladly take the meat.

kellory

Re: Needing Deer Meat

Postby kellory » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:14 pm

I am also new to this forum, and from Ohio. And while I hope some kind soul has some venison for you, I believe new rules from the last couple of years make it ilegal to buy, sell or trade wild game in Ohio. The tags have to stay with the meat, and that means the meat can not be shared. I do not agree with it, But I believe it to be the law of the land. Good luck.
The only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker is observation. All the same data is present for both. The rest is understanding what you are seeing.

PreviousNext

Return to Ohio