Memo From Matt......

Discuss articles and commentaries from our recent issues!
El Conquistador

Memo From Matt......

Postby El Conquistador » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:52 pm

Or whatever.

I would like an online copy of this month's op/ed piece by Matt McPherson of Matthews. The one regarding sustainability of the archery sport and business. It was an outstanding piece, one that needs to be placed on here so those that do not/cannot subscribe to the print edition can read.

Any help would be appreciated.

WBowhunt

Re: Memo From Matt......

Postby WBowhunt » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:53 pm

Although I agree with concerns for sustainability, it is something that most state conservation offices have been pushing hard for and working to develop youth prgrams, mentorship programs, lower age limits and more over the last 6 or seven years since the noted decline in hunting and fishing license sales.
It is funny how people can read the same article and get a completely different perspective. Again I agree with the importance of the subj but felt that this op/ed was mostly focused on Mathews this and Mathews that and look what we did. Had the article stayed focus on the subject of sustainability and importance of involving youth and the next generation I would be with you 100%, but I felt it was more just another sales pitch.

Return to Deer & Deer Hunting Features