Do you think there can be a sane discussion on scent control

The latest news from Deer & Deer Hunting magazine!
pgchambers

Re: Do you think there can be a sane discussion on scent con

Postby pgchambers » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:53 pm

So bmorris has a vested interest in discounting all but nano technology?
Respect - don't take it, unless you are willing to give it.
Responsibility - don't give it, unless you are willing to take it.

bmorris

Postby bmorris » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:05 pm

I guess you can think what you want. I just am trying to share what I know and have found out after 2-3 years of research and testing. Being able to use search and rescue dogs with the different kinds of ideas about rerducing human odor has been very enlightening, If your progam works great. If you really want to know try and find proof in the lab and in a field trial with a dog. If you can pass those test you have a winner.

pgchambers

Postby pgchambers » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:26 am

I ended it with a question mark, because it is a bit unclear. However, you do have some pretty strong opinions against other forms of scent control, and if you do stand to make a bunch of money if the stuff you have been working with hits, then I think you should admit that so everyone has a clear picture of your bias. If not, then it makes your points that much stronger. No accusation, just wondering. Hence the question mark.

bmorris

Postby bmorris » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:14 pm

There are a lot of ways to look at this I guess. A lot of my reactions to different kinds of scent control come from testing . Some from the lab , some from field testing , some from other sources.
For example if one would read the Carbon court case and see the testimony of the carbon Phd's and their expert analysis plus the personal experiences for those who endorse these products as it is recorded in the trial transcripts there shouldn't be another carbon suit bought except by a fool. You can't fool science.

Nanotechnology covers a lot of different products that are already on the market so I surely don't have a corner on that concept.

What you need to be able to reduce odor is something that will work on your personal bacteria before it turns into a gas. Cut down on the amount of dead skin cells that are able to escape, Something that will attract actual odors and hold them until they can be removed. I think that we have made some strides towards that end and with the help of Bill Robinson and others the future looks promising

MZS

Postby MZS » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:14 pm

Hunting the wind is #1 ! I have been busted by deer downwind in my 30 ft high stand. It is pretty darned tough to keep from shedding dead skin cells.

Deer that are not spooky is a close #2. Deer that have not been spooked before have walked within 10 ft of my ground blind! The deer that busted me from my 30 ft stand was spooked by me another time.

This assumes minimal scent control, like clean clothes and a shower, along with a scent-killer product, but sometimes I wonder if all of that is needed provided you have #1 and #2 working for you.

pgchambers

Postby pgchambers » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:05 am

Bmorris,
I am not a proponent of carbon, so you don't have to keep telling me how it doesn't work.

I simply want to know, do you or do you not stand to make a lot of money if products using nanotechnology start selling big? A simple yes or no will suffice.

Previous

Return to Breaking News